47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he has been poor for a while. He's just not had the same direct impact on scorelines as he did before. The main difference is that his finishing has gotten worse and he's not made two obvious passes in the last two games.

Was he any worse than most of the team today? Not for my money. His control was off a few times and that killed his momentum and stopped him getting a proper run at his man. Other than that it was an alright performance. You'd expect and want better but I don't see how that doesn't apply to pretty much everyone on the pitch.

It is pretty much the same treatment Grealish gets.
Hopefully he will get better as the season gets going and his fitness improves, his shooting has been well off for a while though, he doesn't seem to think about the shot and just blasts it low, maybe he's trying too hard? Who knows? But it ain't half frustrating as a fan watching the chances he's missing, didn't we have another player like that?, starling or whatever his name was?
Everyone's going to have a different view on players performances but surely we all want the players to be successful, it's not wrong that players get criticism on here, it's a forum not a junior blues meeting

I think the players need to realise that if they have a simple pass square then Haaland will be there. Last season they could never be sure someone would be. He certainly hasn’t realised that yet but I’m sure judging by the look on Peps face he will get the message quickly.

Not arsed about the pass today, think he chose the best option to be honest, any pass there would have had to been immaculate. His overall play was really poor though, looked like he was scared of trippier and general play was disappointing. Young players always have a dip after the initial hype wears off. Let's hope his is short

Not arsed about the pass today, think he chose the best option to be honest, any pass there would have had to been immaculate. His overall play was really poor though, looked like he was scared of trippier and general play was disappointing. Young players always have a dip after the initial hype wears off. Let's hope his is short
No, he really didn't. That wasn't a difficult pass. Haaland's pace would have got him on the end of a square pass. It wouldn't have had to be angled back to him.

The shot was the absolute wrong decision. Pep is all about high percentage play and that was a low percentage decision.

But: I wonder how much of that was coached into him last season. Last season we didn’t have a striker and he would need to take those shots more frequently . Hopefully it coaches out quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.