47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggle with how many are so quick to stick the boots into Foden. Even KDB isn’t capable of playing Worldy matches every week. It’s just not possible. His stats and impact in matches this year have been very good and if you were looking at season averages I reckon he’s sitting at 7.5 and that’s with limited opportunities in his preferred position. Foden is the first player that Pep rotates into other positions because he plays those positions better than anyone else if the injured/suspended player isn’t available. He’s not currently being played in the CAM role as Alvarez, who can’t really play on the flanks, or as an 8 is, so again, Foden is shunted out to accommodate the Team.

He’s played false 9, left wing, right wing, CAM and even left wing back in recent seasons. He’s done a damn good job in these positions more often than not. He’s a victim of his versatility and success.

If Foden wasn’t ‘one of our own’ he’ll be labelled…

I think he’s lazy and not shown his true quality so far football wise..

But is a shitbag and will always hide and we won’t see abilities..
What a prick how many man of the match have Phil had this season.

Looked like Pep had enough when he seen him give the ball away.
Pretty much. I think his last action was a long cross into the box to Haaland which was easily cut out, after that pep immediately took him off. Before that he was a bit slow to track back.

Completely invisible in the 2nd half. Not a great sign. Misses playing with Kev... Just like everyone else

Phil looked very disgruntled coming off yesterday.
As he should be. The way Pep treats him borders on disgusting. We're chasing a lead and you take one of our most naturally gifted goal-scorers off to play Bobb who's never played on the left?

I'll be the first to tell you he wasn't good last night and I'm speaking more generally of my view on Pep's treatment of him compared to other players.

I'm gonna catch a lot of heat on this but I think Foden is not blameless either.

With him in the middle.. he is all offense.

And if you watch the last 2 games again (Villa away, Spurs at home).. you'll see he gets in a mode where he just gets agitated and wants to play pedal to the metal max speed!

Then he shoots passes at players (especially Julian) at full power that they can't control creating turnovers and the other teams counter.

Games become end to end - something that @twosips mentioned.

Love Phil but this is something he needs to fix! This is somewhere that I think City really miss where Gundo excelled.. with carefully weighted passes that were controllable in the middle and we could hang onto the ball for long periods of time.

Currently our possession game is atrocious and Phil's stormshadow missile passes aren't helping!

Last edited:
I'm gonna catch a lot of heat on this but I think Foden is not blameless either.

With him in the middle.. he is all offense.

And if you watch the last 2 games again (Villa away, Spurs at home).. you'll see he gets in a mode where he just gets agitated and wants to play pedal to the metal max speed!

Then he shoots passes at players (especially Julian) at full power that they can't control creating turnovers and the other teams counter.

Games become end to end - something that @twosips mentioned.

Love Phil but this is something he needs to fix! This is somewhere that I think City really miss where Gundo excelled.. with carefully weighted passes that were controllable in the middle and we could hang onto the ball for long periods of time.

Currently our possession game is atrocious and Phil's stormshadow missile passes aren't helping!
I personally think he gets an easy ride from the fan base because he is a local guy.

There were several times against Spurs in which when tracking back he gave up on his players far too often.

Foden is a huge talent but often goes missing in games, I would love to see him central but not a chance Pep will put him there until his game discipline improves considerably.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.