47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Pep isn't here to do what's best for Foden. Pep was one of the best midfielders as a player and is probably the manager who understands midfield better than anyone. Foden has to show he has the awareness to play in midfield. The foul he made in our box showed he isn't quite there yet.
Good that you expect him to be good at a position he barely plays.

Side and backward passes when we should be going for the jugular and killing games off, costs us the win too. This happens quite a few times over a number of seasons now. Also, not making subs when players are quite clearly fading out of the game. I don’t often have a dig at any player or Pep however you can’t have sly go at a player in the full face of the media without looking in the mirror first.
Pep has completely messed the subs up in the last few games and I think he is torn about what to do in some games. He made subs against Spurs and it didn’t help. For me yesterday he should have made a sub and a tactical change. At 2-0 we were not scoring again as we had taken our foot off the gas. At that point, Kovacic should have been on and we should gone to a back four. Keeping Walker and Gvardiol up the pitch was mental. The left back area was totally exposed by doing that.

Side and backward passes when we should be going for the jugular and killing games off, costs us the win too. This happens quite a few times over a number of seasons now. Also, not making subs when players are quite clearly fading out of the game. I don’t often have a dig at any player or Pep however you can’t have sly go at a player in the full face of the media without looking in the mirror first.
We had chances to kill them off in the first half. Pep isn't responsible for that. Or the way we defended on both goals. He should consider dropping the players (especially the defenders) by all means.

He should consider dropping the players (especially the defenders) by all means.

People blame defenders all the time.. but the actual fuckup is usually further up the field giving the ball away when the defense isn't set.

What happened to tactical fouls to stop the other teams in their tracks? What happened to our midfield controlling the ball being our greatest strength?

People blame defenders all the time.. but the actual fuckup is usually further up the field giving the ball away when the defense isn't set.

What happened to tactical fouls to stop the other teams in their tracks? What happened to our midfield controlling the ball being our greatest strength?
That is the problem as well.

Soon ,very soon ,young Phil will be bearing down on goal scoring stats comparable with the great Mike Summerbee.
It's fascinating to watch this young home grown genius carve out a career of real quality,playing different roles to the best of his ability.
I know " Buzzer " did occasionally play forward for City,but I doubt he ever managed left wing or centre mid...
The fluidity of Fodens two- footed game lends itself so well to different posistions which do not appear to have hampered his undeniable importance to the team.
I'd agree we have not seen the best of him yet ,but when,..in time, that centre mid role is his,we are all in for a treat.

A pleasure to watch a Magician play Football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.