47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

I am always slightly critical of Phil's performances. I am starting to wonder, just how good can he become? You think of the likes of Aguero and Silva that we signed about 23 years old.... I think the next 2 years are going to make or break his career.
Stop sniffing glue

Rewatching the game now. Behemoth of a performance by our Phil. His Premier League legacy is already set in stone despite being a kid.

I really, really hope for his sake that a brave England manager can set up a team around him in a tournament so he can shine. If any english player born after 1990 deserves to be a national treasure it is Phil. And maybe Stonesy. I like Kane but it feels like he already is (wonder why)

The two best footballers England have produced in years, one a unprecedented revolutionary libero and the other the most technically gifted footballer ever born with an english passport, and both will never get the credit they deserve in sky blue

He is destined to go down as the greatest city player ever, and probably the most decorated english player ever.

Is he going to have a statue at the club if his career dives off after this year? No.

Is he going to have a statue at the club if he continues to excel over the next 5+ years? More than likely yes.
And that's the yardstick, is it? Whether a player will get a statue will define his career. Not honours won? Much as I detest the tw@, for all sorts of reasons, Giggs had a fantastic playing career at the rags. As far as I am aware, there's no statue of him at the ground, though I'm happy to be corrected on that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.