47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Just to put into context the level he is at.
He went past David Silva's total goals tally for City, today. He will end up our greatest and most decorated player.
I agree. Also the most City appearances and highest goal scorer, but that depends on how long Haaland stays.

That was a big bollocks performance, that. He made sure we were winning that. Goal from the left, goal from the right and we know he’s mint down the middle.

Best in the league this season IMO.

And that's the yardstick, is it? Whether a player will get a statue will define his career. Not honours won? Much as I detest the tw@, for all sorts of reasons, Giggs had a fantastic playing career at the rags. As far as I am aware, there's no statue of him at the ground, though I'm happy to be corrected on that.
Good point. Thought my post was probably phrased in a way that it seems to be giving off bad impressions. I am excited about just how good Phil can become!

Good point. Thought my post was probably phrased in a way that it seems to be giving off bad impressions. I am excited about just how good Phil can become!
Yeah your post doesn't come across very well, being honest with you. You said something about his career being at a make or break point, IIRC? I think he's gone quite a way beyond that point now....
1 Champions League
1 European Super Cup
1 Club World Cup
5 Premier Leagues
2 FA Cups
4 EFL Cups
2 Community Shields
1 U-17 World Cup

He isn't 24 until the end of May.

Poor first half but wow what a second half & not just his goals. His work rate was incredible

Shouldn’t even matter that really. Both brilliant young players and any England manager should build a team around them. Wouldn’t bet on it with waistcoat though.

Exactly right, absolutely what is wrong with football fans having to compare.

2 exciting, young and for me (although not seen as much of Bellingham, so admittedly going of the hype) world class players.

Don’t need to decide who is better, more how we make it work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.