47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly is.

He was one of our three best players in our good start to the season last season, with Håland and de Bruyne. Foden had 7 goals and 3 assists by 10th October (first 11 games in all comps) to start last season.

The whole team’s form dipped over the Winter period around that bloody World Cup, then he got injured, then his appendix burst, then he never picked up that form from the start of the season again. However, he did end the season with loads of purpose and energy to his game.

Given a run of a dozen or more games in the team and I reckon he’s good enough to get into form to become the best player at Manchester City. That’s how good this lad is.

He was once just a youth player coming through the with potential to cement himself as a proper member of our squad, then he had a breakthrough season in 2018-19 and did become a proper member of the squad.
Now he’s a young player with the potential to become a leader, not just at City, but a world leading name in the sport… he just needs that breakthrough season to take him to that level.

With Gündoğan and Mahrez leaving, this could be that season for Foden.
Perfectly put

Whenever someone starts talking out of their arse like that share these Per 90 league stats with them (the Champions League stats are even more embarassing for Saka and Bellingham).

Both Saka and Bellingham had more starts than Phil, but Foden’s performance pisses all over theirs, even ignoring that neither of them won anything last season, whilst Phil contributed to *another* historic treble.

IMG-4236.jpg

IMG-4237.jpg
Send this to Pep. If this doesn't convince him nothing will

Foden should focus and grab the opportunity in front of him and turn himself into a full time winger.I think he has the skillset required to become one of the best winger , reminds me Bale .

To be fair I’d say he already did grab the opportunity. He’s consistently been excellent on the wing.

I feel like people are forgetting how good he has been in our side and the influence he’s had on our league wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.