47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

According to some fans on my timeline, evil Pep is holding him back and destroying his career.

They don't seem to quite understand that there are so many things that go on behind the scenes that we don't know about.
He was injured alot last season, thus unfit to start most times. I get it if pundits or other fans thinking he's out of favour with Pep because they are usually uninformed and generally one giant echo chamber.

However, I do not understand how our own fans, of all people, don't know that. Pep very much loves Phil, and has reiterated that on a couple of occasions.

He is 23 ,not an 18 year old kid anymore. If he really is that good and talented as most of us say and hope,he should be starting most of the games now.lets see if that will be the case this season.

It isn't the 80s anymore and he plays for the best team on the planet. He will be rotated like everyone else.
He should be starting cl finals and fa cup finals,Its time to show that he can be one of the most important players in the team.

He should be starting cl finals and fa cup finals,Its time to show that he can be one of the most important players in the team.

That's down to him though. He's talented enough to be the guy for City but last season he wasn't. He had a bit of bad form and injury problems but at the end of the day it was mostly the other guys who stepped up when we needed them to. You don't then just bench them because he's fit and looking sharp again.

He needs to go from being the kid who almost scores one of the best CL final goals of all time to being the man who actually does it. That's his potential and that's down to him.

I'm betting on this being a huge year for Phil. I think he hits the ground running today

halftime edit: pretty poor...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.