47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Good again. This is what we need from him, it used to be hes either the star or barely involved, we needed him to become a constant threat every game even when hes not scoring or providing and thats currently what he is. Just needs to keep it up. Keep playing him and he'll deliver.

seems to be becoming more one footed though. Would have scored second half had he gone with his right foot instead of bringing the ball onto his left and into traffic.
Good comments

Playing well but still so much more to come. His upper body is still not physically as developed, so at times he can be bounced a little easily (see Guimaraes yesterday), and he’s still developing the stamina needed in the middle of the park; only tiredness late in the game led to him overhitting that through ball to Haaland. As with Haaland and Doku, Foden is still young and developing, and irrespective of what happens this season, I don’t think we’ve seen anywhere near the best of them yet.

I didn’t think he was man of the match, but what he did so well yesterday, was that he controlled the game and set the tempo.

Playing well but still so much more to come. His upper body is still not physically as developed, so at times he can be bounced a little easily (see Guimaraes yesterday), and he’s still developing the stamina needed in the middle of the park; only tiredness late in the game led to him overhitting that through ball to Haaland. As with Haaland and Doku, Foden is still young and developing, and irrespective of what happens this season, I don’t think we’ve seen anywhere near the best of them yet.

Stamina. Hmmm, I suspect you will find his distance covered stats are at an elite level.

He will end up better than KDB. Ballon d'Or contender.

Better than KDB is a big call. KDB has skills very few can match. He doesn’t have Kev’s SatNav. He does though seem to have a very good football brain to go with his prodigious technical gifts. I love how his game is developing and look forward to seeing how far that development can go.

Stamina. Hmmm, I suspect you will find his distance covered stats are at an elite level.
I’ve no doubt they are, but it will only be after he has played in the middle for a consistent period that he’ll develop the stamina, which is both physical and mental, required in there. It’s not a criticism, just a recognition that he still has aspects of his game that will develop.

Very matured performance in the middle, and didnt rush actions, as did many others.

I actually wouldnt have minded him on the wing if it was like yesterday where the wingers play in the middle anyways.

But however the formation is set up, in the middle always.

Making him a touchline winger is criminal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.