47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Very matured performance in the middle, and didnt rush actions, as did many others.

I actually wouldnt have minded him on the wing if it was like yesterday where the wingers play in the middle anyways.

But however the formation is set up, in the middle always.

Making him a touchline winger is criminal.

It really isn’t criminal when you have players like KDB, Rodri, Kova and Bernardo…

All those can play in the middle and if Jack is out wide, putting Phil wide right (e.g.) would not be criminal.
Its clear to me he shouldnt be a touchline winger and when he can be in the centre and get on the ball more we are a better team, hence its a misuse to stick him out wide no matter what.

Your gonna have to do alot better if you are attempting to be convincing as I already said if he starts RW then he should atleast be in the centre in possession to have more influence.

Also, Bernardo has been the wide player when both are on the pitch lately anyways.

Its clear to me he shouldnt be a touchline winger and when he can be in the centre and get on the ball more we are a better team, hence its a misuse to stick him out wide no matter what.

Your gonna have to do alot better if you are attempting to be convincing as I already said if he starts RW then he should atleast be in the centre in possession to have more influence.

Also, Bernardo has been the wide player when both are on the pitch lately anyways.
Phil has made 18 starts as an AMR this season and has a G/A of 12 from those games. That does not equate to a criminal waste of his ability.

Everyone knows he prefers to be central and is great there but if Pep decides to ask him to play wide, it won’t be time to throw Pep in jail.

We will have games where the best option is to play Rodri and Kova as a double pivot, with Haaland and KDB ahead of them centrally. That means a wider role for Phil, and how wide he stays will depend on whether Pep wants to push Walker forward on the right or Gvardiol on the left.

One of the keys to City’s success is having a relatively small squad of high quality players, many of whom can play in multiple roles. Phil is one of the latter and can play anywhere across the midfield or forward line. Making use of his flexibility / adaptability is sometimes essential.

Not even a shadow of City's Foden, most of the times moving around aimlessly trying to get into a position where he can receive a ball...which most of the times never arrives.
His England career so far has ben a big dud, a player your average English manager - read this almost every single English manager - doesn't have a clue what to with. And having a bit of Bellingham's or Palmer's character would not do him any harm. I actually do not enjoy watching him playing for Southgate's England.

Not even a shadow of City's Foden, most of the times moving around aimlessly trying to get into a position where he can receive a ball...which most of the times never arrives.
His England career so far has ben a big dud, a player your average English manager - read this almost every single English manager - doesn't have a clue what to with. And having a bit of Bellingham's or Palmer's character would not do him any harm. I actually do not enjoy watching him playing for Southgate's England.
Once again an absolutely shite post from start to finish.
It’s a gift you have.
Not a good one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.