47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Once again an absolutely shite post from start to finish.
It’s a gift you have.
Not a good one.
It is my view mate, you do not like it and labeling it without any qualifications and details, just walk it off, make a sandwich, do something...I am sure there are posters you agree with and that make your life on bluemoon easier.

It is my view mate, you do not like it and labeling it without any qualifications and details, just walk it off, make a sandwich, do something...I am sure there are posters you agree with and that make your life on bluemoon easier.
You don’t make my life difficult. Every time I read one of your awful takes on football it puts a little spring into my step.

Not even a shadow of City's Foden, most of the times moving around aimlessly trying to get into a position where he can receive a ball...which most of the times never arrives.
His England career so far has ben a big dud, a player your average English manager - read this almost every single English manager - doesn't have a clue what to with. And having a bit of Bellingham's or Palmer's character would not do him any harm. I actually do not enjoy watching him playing for Southgate's England.
In England he's playing in a squad with zero tactical chemistry, simple as.
As far as comparing his character to Bellingham or Palmer and having him come up second best that's the biggest load of shit I've heard in some time! I saw your post to Phil 1 saying it's your opinion. Well fair enough, but be certain that your opinion is pure rubbish...

Not even a shadow of City's Foden, most of the times moving around aimlessly trying to get into a position where he can receive a ball...which most of the times never arrives.
His England career so far has ben a big dud, a player your average English manager - read this almost every single English manager - doesn't have a clue what to with. And having a bit of Bellingham's or Palmer's character would not do him any harm. I actually do not enjoy watching him playing for Southgate's England.

With City he has the freedom to find areas to get on the ball and make things happen. He has team mates that know he can receive the ball in tight areas and that can play a pass to him accurately. For England the passing is rarely at a players feet, the mindset is "he is marked" rather than "Phil can turn this into something". Bellingham plays in the middle where he's able to roam wherever he pleases. If you watch Phil he moves all game, constantly getting into areas to receive the ball. Shearer did an analysis of his impact against Newcastle. It would be the same for England, but the ball is never played to him to make the most of his movement.

You watch Foden second half when he went in the middle? England looked like scoring more in that time than when he was stuck on the left..

With City he has the freedom to find areas to get on the ball and make things happen. He has team mates that know he can receive the ball in tight areas and that can play a pass to him accurately. For England the passing is rarely at a players feet, the mindset is "he is marked" rather than "Phil can turn this into something". Bellingham plays in the middle where he's able to roam wherever he pleases. If you watch Phil he moves all game, constantly getting into areas to receive the ball. Shearer did an analysis of his impact against Newcastle. It would be the same for England, but the ball is never played to him to make the most of his movement.
This is similar to how I see it, he probably made 5-6 moves every single England attack to different positions around mf while Chilwell, Dunk and whoever else incessantly passed a ball to death. With us and Pep as a manager he has a purpose and particular framework to fit in and there is always end product to it. I see none of it with Southgate's England, at leas he hasn't been injured.

If you watch Phil he moves all game, constantly getting into areas to receive the ball.
Actually I thought it was the problem. phil + Bellingham and mainoo were all showing up to receive but none of them made enough runs to create space for others to receive. - those little movement you always see from Gundo Kev and Bernado.

Gundo and Bernado know when it is the others turn to receive and my turn to make a false run to make room for the others.

I won't expect Southgate capable enough to sort this out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.