47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good shout. But Phil is the one that makes us tick and he's the first one to be fucked about position wise. He should always play centrally where he affects the game more.

It's Rodri who makes us tick, should be obvious by now.

He completed 108 passes yesterday, probably more than the entire Arsenal midfield.

Foden has been our best attacker between early December and early March. That's 3 months. His goals were utterly important in that period, as Haaland was out and Alvarez wasn't on fire either. Foden kept us in the PL race, that's true. Same with Rodri, though, who has performed at top level from the start of the season.

It's Rodri who makes us tick, should be obvious by now.

He completed 108 passes yesterday, probably more than the entire Arsenal midfield.

Foden has been our best attacker between early December and early March. That's 3 months. His goals were utterly important in that period, as Haaland was out and Alvarez wasn't on fire either. Foden kept us in the PL race, that's true. Same with Rodri, though, who has performed at top level from the start of the season.
So we agree.

It wouldn't have been bad for him if he missed the Belgium friendly. Fatigue can be mental, not only physical. He has never played so many minutes at that stage of the season. And guess what, it's showing in his recent performances.
Bad management from pep then? Some players are not good because of lack of minutes. Some are not good because of playing too much. Ohh...

Bad management from pep then? Some players are not good because of lack of minutes. Some are not good because of playing too much. Ohh...
He is good, in fact he’s fucking brilliant. A couple of poor weeks by his standards doesn’t change that.

He is good, in fact he’s fucking brilliant. A couple of poor weeks by his standards doesn’t change that.
Not as long as a couple of poor weeks. Just Liverpool Arsenal Belgium and Brazil unfortunately

Not as long as a couple of poor weeks. Just Liverpool Arsenal Belgium and Brazil unfortunately
He was Englands best player in the second half against Belgium when they finally allowed him to get on the ball. Brazil I couldn’t give a toss about.

Absolutely

I wouldn't even say he had a poor game yesterday, I just think it was one of those games that played out in a way that doesn't really suit attacking. players like Kev were no better, Bernardo marginally better but still didn't actually do anything. just one of those games when I wouldn't say they were poor, it just didn't lend itself for anyone to shine. The fact our full back was probably the best player and their centre backs were theirs says a lot.

It happens now and again. You see it in so many finals where there's a lot at stake and the biggest names don't get much chance to do much because its such a tight affair.

He was Englands best player in the second half against Belgium when they finally allowed him to get on the ball. Brazil I couldn’t give a toss about.
Unless you missed the goal created by Madison who saved the team and yes he played in the same position where Phil could not perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.