47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Dont even think he was good in the 1st half in the 1st leg.

The goal and slightlt improved performance elevated that performance.

Overall he has been mediocre against Madrid.
+1

And to keep the record although Phil scored in the middle in the 2nd half in the 1st leg he was playing RW but interchanged with Bernado frequently. In the first half he played AM but was quite targeted by Real.

The real difference maker on that night was Stones. He was pushed up in the 2nd half and Kova dropped a bit deeper. Stones presence around the box next to Bernado and Phil helped to create gaps.

Today we don't have Stones until extra time. Sadly...

There was a twitter thread a few months ago about if Foden has more than 70 touches or something he normally gets MOTM. He only managed 79 tonight in 120 minutes.

I think as good as Kevin has been that he needs to step aside. Foden has been better than him this season and doesnt deserve being shunted out wide to hug the touchline.

It is any wonder we have looked toothless in big games this season when we aren't playing are best creator in his best position.

He didn’t struggle to influence the first game though. As I said he scored arguably the most important goal - that’s a huge influence.
He made a big impact with that goal, like Kevin tends to do.

But Foden didn't play "good" overall in the 1st leg of the Madrid game.
There has to be some nuance to a player's performance, especially for wingers/attacking midfielders.

If they are bad for 90 mins, but score, did they play well?
If they are great for 90 mins, but don't score, did they play well?

Looking at just one moment can't judge his entire performance, which was poor, now over 2 legs.

Having moments like that goal, are great, and I hope he has more, but it shouldn't mask the rest.

I don't think he and Kevin should play together anymore personally, one or the other next to the striker.

He didn’t struggle to influence the first game though. As I said he scored arguably the most important goal - that’s a huge influence.
This place isn't known as bluemoan for nothing. According to City fans all our players are shit. It's a wonder we have ever won anything. We were beaten on penalties and Pep shouldn't have took off our two main penalty takers. We have to get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.