47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
One to learn from. Was excellent in the away game, and just needed a bit more quality last night. But he'll only get better.

Watching the highlights back, I see that chance as hardly as easy as some make it out to be. The ball was hit back to him; he had to catch it on the half bounce. He did well even to get it on target.

Not his best game to be fair. That said, his performance was still streets ahead of Bellingham's last night.
The one who was on the floor, tried to cheat for many free kicks and moaned as usual? Say it isn’t so.

Shouldn’t compare the two. Detest the love in for him. Foden miles ahead it’s not even funny.

May not have been Phil’s best night but I believe the whole Foden on the wings just doesn’t work the same for the lad anymore. The gears just seem to click better when he’s starts straight from the middle.

I found it very frustrating seeing him shunted out to the right wing. He’s been so good in the middle, just play him there!
Again. For me, it’s a choice either him or KDB and currently it’s going to be Foden starting. If Pep has to play KDB too, give him a free role.

Not his best game to be fair. That said, his performance was still streets ahead of Bellingham's last night.
It really wasn't. Bellingham was understated but excellent in a lot of what he did, granted he did fade in the second half when we took over the game. Foden was largely peripheral all night.

The one who was on the floor, tried to cheat for many free kicks and moaned as usual? Say it isn’t so.

Shouldn’t compare the two. Detest the love in for him. Foden miles ahead it’s not even funny.

May not have been Phil’s best night but I believe the whole Foden on the wings just doesn’t work the same for the lad anymore. The gears just seem to click better when he’s starts straight from the middle.

Time for KDB to step aside and into a supporting role imo.

Against the very best teams, I'm increasingly of the opinion that we cannot play with more than two of Haaland/Foden/de Bruyne/Doku at any one time. If we do, then we have to be prepared for less control of the ball and the extra running that entails.
We played them together just Wednesday, and Madrid still couldn't get out of their box for a half.

It really wasn't. Bellingham was understated but excellent in a lot of what he did, granted he did fade in the second half when we took over the game. Foden was largely peripheral all night.
I thought Bellingham was involved in the build up to Rodrygo's goal, apart from that he didn't do much in the game. It was a typical performance from Ancelloti's team, nothing exceptional but very disciplined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.