47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he had a shocker tonight. He was bullied by the Serbs and gave the ball away far too often. He was however not the only one who had a poor game in an England shirt.
Bulldog blue doesn’t post about him winning every award and trophy with City but makes an appearance when he’s been fairly ineffective for England. Seems legit.

The system doesn't suit him for England. The problem is that England don't really have any proper attacking plan other than "keep it tight at the back and let the attacking players do their thing." That means that players that take a man on like Saka, or previously Grealish and Sterling, look good in this system. I wouldn't be surprised to see Eze shine too. Whereas Foden excels in City's intricate passing around the edge of the box with his weight or pass, vision and intelligent movement. Being out on the left for a team that has none of those, and a full back who can't overlap, just doesn't work.

And all of that stems from the fact that Southgate doesn't trust two 100 million pound midfielders to run things without having their hands held. Every pundit going said they'd play Rice and Bellingham, with three players ahead of them. But no, Southgate has to get TAA into the team in a position that he has no record of playing successfully. Rice is one of the best DM in the Premier League, Bellingham is one of the best all round, box-to-box players this season (yes, I know he played up top for half a season), and Foden is the PL player of the year playing just behind the striker. Three of the best players in world football that could easily all be played in their natural positions.

Meanwhile, he's desperate to use Alexander-Arnold, yet too much of a pussy to play him instead of Walker. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't play him ahead of Walker, but it just sums up how cautious he is. One of the best attacking footballers in the world, but he will only play him if he can have another full back on as insurance.

Bulldog blue doesn’t post about him winning every award and trophy with City but makes an appearance when he’s been fairly ineffective for England. Seems legit.
What’s he said that’s wrong? We all know how great he is but tonight he was poor. I said before the game i think he’ll lose his place in the team by the knockout stage. That’s not Phil’s fault, he should be central and the left wing is probably the worst position he could be put in out of the 3/4 he could play.

What’s he said that’s wrong? We all know how great he is but tonight he was poor. I said before the game i think he’ll lose his place in the team by the knockout stage. That’s not Phil’s fault, he should be central and the left wing is probably the worst position he could be put in out of the 3/4 he could play.
I’ll never stop defending the best player we have ever produced.

The game that Phil gets dropped for a 'Gordon' or a 'Palmer' is the night that the pilot starts the engine running

I’ll never stop defending the best player we have ever produced.
I agree that he’s the best we’ve produced and absolutely love him as a player. Just talking about the game tonight though. I expected him to struggle in this tournament because i knew that tool would play him out on the left. Hopefully he kicks on despite playing there but i don’t think it will happen. This should be his tournament on the international stage but he’ll probably not do a great deal and get slated.

Ironically the player England were crying out for tonight on the left, especially 2nd half. Is probably on a beach somewhere because the goon who’s in charge didn’t even think was good enough to make a 26 man squad.

Last edited:
The game that Phil gets dropped for a 'Gordon' or a 'Palmer' is the night that the pilot starts the engine running
That game will probably happen sooner than you think. He’d have got subbed tonight if negative bollocks had another less attacking option for the left side. Gordon will come on in a game last 20 and skin a fullback a couple of times. We’ll probably still get through and then play someone last 8 or in the semi’s and then get outclassed.

I agree that he’s the best we’ve produced and absolutely love him as a player. Just talking about the game tonight though. I expected him to struggle in this tournament because i knew that tool would play him out on the left. Hopefully he kicks on despite playing there but i don’t think it will happen. This should be his tournament on the international stage but he’ll probably not do a great deal and get slated.

Ironically the player England were crying out for tonight on the left, especially 3nd half. Is probably on a beach somewhere because the goon who’s in charge didn’t even think was good enough to make a 26 man squad.
He wasn’t great, mate, but in the last 20 minutes I’ve read some proper poor takes on him. Inbetween my more aggressive posts I have made the points as to why he didn’t shine. Or ever will whilst Southgate is in charge sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.