47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Wasn't great tonight but nobody passes forward to him when he is in the gaps. He has to go search for the ball which means he isn't in the positions he needs to be in to affect the game. Seems to lack the confidence he has in a city shirt. Sadly will be the scapegoat

I agree that he’s the best we’ve produced and absolutely love him as a player. Just talking about the game tonight though. I expected him to struggle in this tournament because i knew that tool would play him out on the left. Hopefully he kicks on despite playing there but i don’t think it will happen. This should be his tournament on the international stage but he’ll probably not do a great deal and get slated.
He's basically this generation's Paul Scholes for England. The main creative force for the best club side in the country, but gets shoved out on the left to accommodate other players.

Wasn't great tonight but nobody passes forward to him when he is in the gaps. He has to go search for the ball which means he isn't in the positions he needs to be in to affect the game. Seems to lack the confidence he has in a city shirt. Sadly will be the scapegoat
That can't be right. I was told TAA was playing for his Pirlo-esque vision and range of passing. Surely he would have picked out his runs?

He wasn’t great, mate, but in the last 20 minutes I’ve read some proper poor takes on him. Inbetween my more aggressive posts I have made the points as to why he didn’t shine. Or ever will whilst Southgate is in charge sadly.
Yeah, i totally agree. Your last sentence is all that is wrong with Foden for England. It’s just infuriating because i’d love to see him shine for England but instead he’ll end up getting shit.

What I find it amusing is how ordinary football fans like us know foden's best position and Southgate and his staff with all the analyst, assistance and time to prepare don't, if he's happy with 1-0 win against Serbs than god bless England but I wouldn't get my hopes high

Don't know what game people were watching. Foden was not stuck to the left wing at all. He was allowed to roam. We were essentially playing with wingbacks.
It just wasn't his night.
And Bellingham isn't as shite as some make out.
Phil will have his moment.
When I saw the team sheet I thought he'd be subbed at 65 minutes. But in fact it was Saka.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.