47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Hes played a huge amount of minutes at AML, particularly in 2020/21 when we won the league, won the efl, lost in the UCL final coz of pep and lost in the semis of the fa cup - and he was the best player on the pitch very very often. He can play there - for sure, the whole problem is the setup with England. Yes he's better on the rightside of midfield cutting in, but he's languishing outside on the left for England because of the whole makeup of the squad is to let Bellingham do what the fuck he wants and everything else is pure fucking throw shit at the wall.
But I wouldn't call the 2020-21 season his very best season at City and his most effective position is the one he is currently playing at his club side.

I love Phil, but he was shite tonight. It happens, but it's not all on Southgate. Plenty of basic things he didn't do right. Just needs to play with the same confidence he does with us, turn and shoot or take people on. Keep demanding the ball and trying to make things happen. That's all it takes to be seemed a great player in an England shirt.
Keep demanding the ball, I don’t think there was another player on the pitch who demanded it / keeps demanding it as much as our Phil and keeps getting ignored! Add to that he’s playing completely out of position which is frustrating as fuck to see such talent go to waste out there. This manager is literally trying to put players into a team but playing them out of position. Trent another example.

But I wouldn't call the 2020-21 season his very best season at City and his most effective position is the one he is currently playing at his club side.
I would. I actually think he was better then than he was this season - he was beautiful that season. Debruyne was twice the player he was this year, but i'm sure if i check back at my MOTM comments i had Phil often as the man. We can agree to disagree on that, you know you're stuff. Anyway, the point being Southgate has no clue how to use him properly.

Keep demanding the ball, I don’t think there was another player on the pitch who demanded it / keeps demanding it as much as our Phil and keeps getting ignored! Add to that he’s playing completely out of position which is frustrating as fuck to see such talent go to waste out there. This manager is literally trying to put players into a team but playing them out of position. Trent another example.

He was given the opportunity to move into central areas but didn't make an impact. England lost their way going long too often but he had his opportunities to impress tonight. It's lazy to just put all the blame on waistcoat.

He was given the opportunity to move into central areas but didn't make an impact. England lost their way going long too often but he had his opportunities to impress tonight. It's lazy to just put all the blame on waistcoat.
Its not. It isnt. It really isnt. It isn't. Managers tell players where to play. That's their whole fucking job. He was set up to fail, and if you can't see that then fine, but it doesn't make what you say true.

Waistcoat even kept Phil out wide when Mainoo came on to play in Phil’s preferred position. Waistcoat is blinded by Billy big bollocks Bellingham and him and TAA are the big egos in this squad who will ultimately fail

Looked like a little boy lost at times last night whoevers failt it was but really needs to grow a pair and tell Terence trent Darby to get fucked when a free kick or corner is available.

Hes played a huge amount of minutes at AML, particularly in 2020/21 when we won the league, won the efl, lost in the UCL final coz of pep and lost in the semis of the fa cup - and he was the best player on the pitch very very often. He can play there - for sure, the whole problem is the setup with England. Yes he's better on the rightside of midfield cutting in, but he's languishing outside on the left for England because of the whole makeup of the squad is to let Bellingham do what the fuck he wants and everything else is pure fucking throw shit at the wall.
Watch any clips from that season though and he was fucking rapid skinning fullbacks on the outside over decent distances. He can’t do that now. So the left is his least effective position.

i'd rather he didnt play than play him like that
a complete waste of the lads talent, we are back to the scholes, lampard,gerrard conundrum, shoehorning players in anywhere you can rather in their correct effective positions
put him in the no 10 position or don't play him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.