47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden was poor last night, he kept asking for the ball when most of the time he wasn't in a position where he could be found easily.....and to be fair to Southgate ( who I don't rate ) it looked as though Foden was given the freedom to cut inside, in the way he played the last few league games of last season, although he was never in a position where he could hurt Serbia.

His passing, ball retention and even his fabulous first touch were also really poor.

However, I suspect Foden has played the most games of any of the players out on the pitch last night and he definitely looked jaded.

England have got to persevere with him, because it will only be a matter of time before he comes good.

Foden was poor last night, he kept asking for the ball when most of the time he wasn't in a position where he could be found easily.....and to be fair to Southgate ( who I don't rate ) it looked as though Foden was given the freedom to cut inside, in the way he played the last few league games of last season, although he was never in a position where he could hurt Serbia.

His passing, ball retention and even his fabulous first touch were also really poor.

However, I suspect Foden has played the most games of any of the players out on the pitch last night and he definitely looked jaded.

England have got to persevere with him, because it will only be a matter of time before he comes good.

Just needs one moment to make an impact and do something for him to get the confidence and mentality to run things for this team. It's very hard to when Bellingham wants to get the headlines, but Foden is highly rated by pretty much everyone in sports jounalism, punditry and by fans so they'll be all over him if he does one or two special things in a game. That's all it takes. Bellingham scored, ran a lot and pinged an absolutely pointless pass on the volley to Walker. That's all it has taken for him to be the nation's hero.

Playing 2nd fiddle to the media darling. Pushed out left away from his best positions so not gonna make much happen playing under southpark with a make shift LB behind him. The lack of tactical quality from Englands coaching staff will make him look like a poor man’s martin petrov

Good for who? Foden will be gutted if he’s not starting.

Maybe from a tactical point of view, he doesn’t deserve to start, but we must keep playing him - he’s one of the best.

If Southgate wants to continue with a similar midfield set up and playing Bellingham how he is doing too, then I wouldn’t play Foden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.