47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Good for who? Foden will be gutted if he’s not starting.

Maybe from a tactical point of view, he doesn’t deserve to start, but we must keep playing him - he’s one of the best.

If Southgate wants to continue with a similar midfield set up and playing Bellingham how he is doing too, then I wouldn’t play Foden.

Phil was poor last night, no argument there. However, I thought the players were reluctant to pass to him, he made himself available but Bellingham was always the first option for most ( reminded me of the film There's only one Jimmy Grimble, give it to Gordon )
I feel Phil will be the sacrificial lamb, just like the last Euros when the waistcoat benched him for getting booked against the jocks, that was his reasoning for bringing the then golden boy Saka into the team.
Phil is by far the most natural talented player in the squad, but we've got a manager who picks his team based on journalist and pundits opinion, Saka over Phil on the right, do me a favour, Twunt in midfield, England will get out of the group, but I feel Phil will now get equal minutes to what Philips got for City.

Good for city. Couldn’t care less about international football.
I don't understand this logic at all. Nothing could be better for Foden and City than Foden playing, playing well and hopefully playing a big part in a successful tournament for England. That's the absolute best thing that can happen for City and Foden. Foden being benched and playing no part will do no good at all for him.

I don't get why every attacker gets to play in their best positions while Foden doesn't. Clearly on club form, Foden played his best in the middle or coming in from the right. Back then when Pep pushed him on the left, even us City fans occasionally had some question marks over Foden's performance.

I don't understand why there's no call to try Saka on the left and Foden on the right - Saka started as a left back after all. Foden can played more naturally inverting from the right, while Saka can continue putting crosses from the left as he does on the right.

Unfortunately, the chance to experiment is over, because Waistcoat pissed it away in the friendlies, not even sure what his goal in friendlies are. That said, I doubt Waistcoat even has the ability to think outside the box.

Good for city. Couldn’t care less about international football.
How is that good for city? We want our players playing in the biggest tournaments and doing well.

We could also end up with a player down after being dropped for England. Playing for your country means the world to our players.

Foden was poor last night, he kept asking for the ball when most of the time he wasn't in a position where he could be found easily.....and to be fair to Southgate ( who I don't rate ) it looked as though Foden was given the freedom to cut inside, in the way he played the last few league games of last season, although he was never in a position where he could hurt Serbia.
Seems like Waistcoats' instructions for him were to drift in and be another body in the box. Unfortunately, it ended up with him competing with Bellingham for space and passes.

A better coach would've made 3 attacking midfielders work, let alone 2. Don't even have to look far because Nagelsmann had Musiala, Wirtz and Gundogan playing at the same time, and none of them look like stepping over each others' toes. He even had Havertz, a false 9, theoretically competing for the same space as well.

But then you’re leaving out the player of the season, which I think is ridiculous. Can we not move foden to the middle and move Bellingham back slightly
100% that’s what should happen mate. The fact he’s not tried it before the tournament or during the first game just shows it’s not what he is going to do though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.