47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if Phil hadn’t strayed offside with an open goal tap in.

Phil is brilliant for us but he’s had a stinker of a tournament. That’s just the facts
He was ineffective in the main due to playing in an area where he wasn’t involved enough and when he made himself available for the ball in several good positions it wasn’t forthcoming.
He had as many ‘flashes’ of brilliance as anybody in the team and his first half against Holland was probably the pick of the tournament as far as an England player goes.

A stinker is the kind of shite I’d expect to see coming from the dickheads on TS or the Daily mail.

He was ineffective in the main due to playing in an area where he wasn’t involved enough and when he made himself available for the ball in several good positions it wasn’t forthcoming.
He had as many ‘flashes’ of brilliance as anybody in the team and his first half against Holland was probably the pick of the tournament as far as an England player goes.

A stinker is the kind of shite I’d expect to see coming from the dickheads on TS or the Daily mail.
If you can’t be honest then don’t respond. Phil has had a poor tournament. Great player but it wasn’t his time. Partly that was down to the position he played in most of games and partly that was due to a loss of form.

If you can’t be honest then don’t respond. Phil has had a poor tournament. Great player but it wasn’t his time. Partly that was down to the position he played in most of games and partly that was due to a loss of form.
I don’t think he had a stinker by any stretch. That’s me being honest. You thinking I’m not being honest is on you by using terms such as ‘stinker’ and expecting others to agree with it.

He was disappointing as were all the forward based players in the main.
That’s not a coincidence.

I don’t think he had a stinker by any stretch. That’s me being honest. You thinking I’m not being honest is on you by using terms such as ‘stinker’ and expecting others to agree with it.

He was disappointing as were all the forward based players in the main.
That’s not a coincidence.

He didn't have a stinker if by that we mean that he wasn't very poor. He worked hard and was unlucky to hit the post twice.

But he had a poor tournament. That shouldn't be debatable. 0 goal involvements in 7 games is poor. He wasn't sufficiently involved for a player of his class, partly due to his team-mates and tactics. The thing is that he didn't do enough when he was involved. Even if one of his shots in the post had found the net, the overall performance would have been a bit poor.

Hope this experience will keep him motivated to improve and he will be great next season.

He didn't have a stinker if by that we mean that he wasn't very poor. He worked hard and was unlucky to hit the post twice.

But he had a poor tournament. That shouldn't be debatable. 0 goal involvements in 7 games is poor. He wasn't sufficiently involved for a player of his class, partly due to his team-mates and tactics. The thing is that he didn't do enough when he was involved. Even if one of his shots in the post had found the net, the overall performance would have been a bit poor.

Hope this experience will keep him motivated to improve and he will be great next season.
There’s no argument that the Foden we know and love didn’t turn up.
There were reasons why of course, some on the manager and some on himself.
I object to the word stinker that’s all.
I think it’s grossly unfair.

Or England might have not needed a Bellingham wonder goal?
„might“ it it what it is. Foden just didn’t have a good tournament when he had the ball he didn’t do much even after playing at his „ best“ position. He was a zero threat towards da opponents goal. People attacking Bellingham for playing shit but at least he scored and saved the team in the first 2 games.

„might“ it it what it is. Foden just didn’t have a good tournament when he had the ball he didn’t do much even after playing at his „ best“ position. He was a zero threat towards da opponents goal. People attacking Bellingham for playing shit but at least he scored and saved the team in the first 2 games.
Zero threat is untrue. He didn’t score and didn’t assist so it’s an easy argument to make if we are forgetting the occasions he was a threat and very unlucky not to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.