47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
„might“ it it what it is. Foden just didn’t have a good tournament when he had the ball he didn’t do much even after playing at his „ best“ position. He was a zero threat towards da opponents goal. People attacking Bellingham for playing shit but at least he scored and saved the team in the first 2 games.
He played in his best position for 45 minutes, that 45 minutes saw England play the best football they'd play all tournament, I don't think that was a coincidence tbh

He also nearly scored a worldie like the Spanish kid the day before, I'd class that as a threat as was hitting the post in another game, of course, nearly isn't scoring but it was a threat which is what you said he was not.

Despite not playing his best, he ran his legs off for England and never stopped trying.

However, I'm unsure how Bellingham's overhead kick saved England in the first two games.

You also don't sound like much of a City fan either tbh.

ps is this also you in the Bellingham thread, attacking him?

Why is no one speaking about that one? Wasted opportunity. Absolutely no media talk nothing about that one. Could’ve gotten an assist but no he rather fails than makes Foden score. Foden wasn’t even mad he knew the pass wouldn’t come regardless.

Strange world.

He played in his best position for 45 minutes, that 45 minutes saw England play the best football they'd play all tournament, I don't think that was a coincidence tbh

He also nearly scored a worldie like the Spanish kid the day before, I'd class that as a threat as was hitting the post in another game, of course, nearly isn't scoring but it was a threat which is what you said he was not.

Despite not playing his best, he ran his legs off for England and never stopped trying.

However, I'm unsure how Bellingham's overhead kick saved England in the first two games.

You also don't sound like much of a City fan either tbh.

ps is this also you in the Bellingham thread, attacking him?

Strange world.
I forgot that u can’t criticize certain players as a fan. Maybe u should look past the fact that he plays for city and that he indeed didn’t play well. And what 45 minutes be played two games in row in his favorite position . Bellingham was even pushed to the left side. Strange world.

I forgot that u can’t criticize certain players as a fan. Maybe u should look past the fact that he plays for city and that he indeed didn’t play well. And what 45 minutes be played two games in row in his favorite position . Bellingham was even pushed to the left side. Strange world.
Literally just done that for you by saying he played well for 45 minutes, at half time he was moved back to the LW.

Ignored the slagging of Bellingham though eh, you fucking hypocrite.

Not disagreeing that Phil didn’t have a good tournament. Still think he only played in his best position against Holland and the team and he looked 10xs better than the boring shite that had gone before. Yes he lined up in a 10 role against Spain but Boregate had gone back to the formation of the first 4 games apart from Foden central and Bellingham wide. The team were so deep it was almost impossible for Foden to get on the ball and link the play like the first half against Holland. He had what looked like a cart horse ahead of him and Foden’s job was basically to mark Rodri which he did well during Spain’s 70% possession.

It was a completely wasted tournament given the talent Foden has and England’s other talented attacking players. Due to an extremely negative manager who appears clueless at getting the best out of attacking talent.

Not disagreeing that Phil didn’t have a good tournament. Still think he only played in his best position against Holland and the team and he looked 10xs better than the boring shite that had gone before. Yes he lined up in a 10 role against Spain but Boregate had gone back to the formation of the first 4 games apart from Foden central and Bellingham wide. The team were so deep it was almost impossible for Foden to get on the ball and link the play like the first half against Holland. He had what looked like a cart horse ahead of him and Foden’s job was basically to mark Rodri which he did well during Spain’s 70% possession.

It was a completely wasted tournament given the talent Foden has and England’s other talented attacking players. Due to an extremely negative manager who appears clueless at getting the best out of attacking talent.

Spain were never going to play as insipid as the Netherlands. These were worse off the ball than Slovakia and the Swiss: no pressing, just a ball-watching low block. It's not a coincidence that those 45 minutes were the only half in which England played well. When teams pressed England, the connection between defence and midfield wasn't there: partly because Rice isn't what many think he is, partly because Southgate didn't/couldn't teach them how to beat the press.

Danny Dyer's quotes on Phil's family, fair play:

Dyer heaped praise on Phil Foden's family, insisting they are all 'lovely people'.
'They are fascinating. There's 16 of the Fodens running around, all diddy people, lovely people,' he said.

'I tell you what else I loved - very, very working class all of them. So as much as football isn’t a working class sport any more because it costs a bomb to go, the players and their roots, they’re all working class people.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.