47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

I’ve no problem with Pep commenting certain things towards Phil, my worry is him not playing him. He started 22 games last season, I hope that centre attacking midfield/number 10 position is his now whilst KDB is out.

I just want him to play.
I am not sure there is anything to him not playing last season.

If you look at the games he played last season, then the big difference is injury, not anything to do with being out of favour. The reduced times/sub appearances are almost all around the times he was struggling with/recovering from injury.

He started the season in the team, and was on fire, but struggled with his foot in the Autumn, and then injured it again in the New Year.

He got back in the team, then had the appendix problem. Even when he was back, he was eased in slowly.

Pretty sure I've also seen a few reports that he was playing with an injury again at the end of the season. Even without that, he didn't play a full game post-op till the 6th May, and that was coming into a team that had won 14 out of 15, so it's not a surprise he wasn't straight in to the big games.

In the previous season, he was our most used forward player, and the season before that he played just under 3400 minutes, which is around what Grealish played last year.

For me, there's nothing to see in terms of a Pep/Foden issue.

He better have had the shits today as there is no excuse to drop him for anything else. He was brilliant when he came in, he gives everyone a lift and is unpredictable.

He’s the first name on the teamsheet.

Don’t want to overreact, but Foden could potentially be our best player (not named Rodri) until KDB returns. He looks IMMENSELY up for this chance to prove himself. Wow
Feels like he is about to enter that KDB, Rodri elite status right? As soon as he came on his class immediately stood out.

We are going to have to rely on his brilliance until Kev returns, if Foden was on the pitch from the start we would have hammered them.

We are going to have to rely on his brilliance until Kev returns, if Foden was on the pitch from the start we would have hammered them.
Just chatting to my dad about just that. It is the speed in which Phil can turn possession into an outright attack - Bernardo is just not that player, and it was needed to shift Sheffield out of their rigid defensive shape.

Reactions: JDV

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.