47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think that’s the maturest performance I’ve seen him play. There were times when we were losing the ball a lot because we were trying to transition and he’d slow it down and relieve the pressure with some quick turns and a smart pass.

Any Southgate apologists on here should watch his display in midfield today. The fact the national team isn’t built around this lad shows what a knob Southgate is
When Foden played for young England in a tournament abroad 3 years ago and danced round 6 players, made the keeper sit down,before calmly slotting the ball past him to score...he should have been elevated into the first team,and, as you say the national team built around him...

What actually happened next was...he was dropped.oh sorry rested for the next game...the game after that England were knocked out of the tournament after a last min own goal from utds new full back signing..

Foden has been sidelinded throughout his career. Southgate was at the match today,I'm not sure why.if that man doesn't know yet that Phil Foden is a better option in central midfield than Jordan Henderson etc etc, then watching him outclass a poor team of cloggers from the Midlands is not going to sway his future decision making.

Southgate is a full blown clown.
Foden is the real deal. His interaction with the national side has ,,in my opinion slowed his development.
The FA should be ashamed of themselves for allowing the most naturally gifted young English player I have ever seen play the game be managed by a tosser in a waistcoat.
Rant over.

Been very good this season

I saw him getting a little bit frustrated at times yesterday in the first half, he was taking up soms great positions by moving into space and Walker and Ajanji especially were too slow on the ball to give him the ball and hesitated to pass.

He's one of the best in the world at receiving the ball on the turn very quickly and then driving at a defence. I hope the other players start picking him out more when he takes up these positions. With him you know you can fire a quick pass into his feet and he'll take it from there, you don't need to overthink the pass to him just because he isn't in acres of space, he only needs a couple of yards.

I think that with Mahrez gone Phil can finally find his position. I think he will be playing this inside right winger/AM as his primary position. With Walker overlapping he doesn't have to be staying by touchline and he can play more as a attacking midfielder, or even free role looking for things to happen all over the pitch as he has done at times against Forrest.

Hate to say it but KdB injury can be blessing for Phil. He can finally start game by game in position which gives him licence to play in the middle even if on paper he starts as right winger.

Best attacking player in Europe at the moment?
Honestly wouldn’t know as not watched much football beyond our games. Certainly didn’t see anyone better in the N.London daarby.

He is unquestionably a rare talent and has shown signs in the last several months that he is maturing into the player we have hoped for.

How many players in world football have got his turning circle!

Been said a million times but whilst southgate is in charge foden wont be any sort of main england player. Southgate isnt a good enough coach to know what to actually do with him.

This season will see him break out properly into a world class central midfielder and southgate will still pick ‘hendo’ above him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.