47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he does. Did you not watch the Newcastle game? - he controlled the entire match and set up the goals. He absolutely took the game by the scruff of the neck and has done previously as well.

You want him to do it when we are losing - we rarely ever lose. We’ve lost one game this season. This one game no one showed up.

I don’t understand this reactionary opinion. Is he as good as KDB right now - no, but no one in world football is. Last week and most of the season he has been excellent - now let’s question him?

Of course people want him in the KDB position. He has all the talent to play that role, but I wouldn’t expect him to be instantly as good as KDB overnight in the first few games he plays in a similar role

He did it against Newcastle but the problem is he doesn’t do it consistently, he was poor today and was pretty average against West Ham too. That’s the next step he needs to take to really take his game to the next level.

Yes he’s only 23 but we’ve been waiting for him to take that step for a while

Yeah people understandably defensive of Phil, but his world class performances come too infrequently. Maybe once in 10-15 games and on days like today he needs to step up and be the match winner and he doesn’t on too many occasions. Just 6/10s his way through it. One of the senior players out there in terms of mins played for city. Right now it’s him getting dropped when kev is back not Alvarez

Couldn't figure out where he was playing today? he and others were even getting in each others way at times......all a bit odd.

In Phil's defence, that ball into him from, say Dias, when he shows for it, back to goal, needs laying in one touch (from the the passer) and a split second earlier. We seem hesitant at the moment in the first pass into him. And so the moment goes. The pocket of space closes. And we start all over again. It must drive them mad, to be honest. But we - and Phil - will get there. It'll click again soon.

Awful today. Played like he was 18 again and a bit part player when we need him to step up and take responsibility now.
I agree,we need more.He doesn't seem to realise he is no longer a kid,he should be leading by example and putting himself about more.

I'm not convinced he was comfortable in his role today though,he looked miles off in all respects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.