47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep needs to fucking roast Southgate in his presser. He's out of order - and talking out of his arse.

Champions League final, Kevin comes off injured. Does Pep bring on Julian? No. Does he put Bernardo in the middle and Phil on the right? No. He puts Phil in the middle and he has a great game.

You have to question the interviewer not coming back with those facts! Personally in these qualifiers/friendlies rather he didn't play.. he starts tonight in this 100mph game tackles coming in left right and centre rather he ain't starting! We lose him now we a struggling for that playmaker!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...gland-gareth-southgate-slaps-down-phil-foden/

Disappointing to read that Pep has agreed with Southgate that Phil can't play as a 10 versus quality opposition.
I don’t believe for a second that Pep has said that. Waistcoat just not man enough to stand behind his own decisions. Phil played in the CL final in that position and was a revelation vs Newcastle but can’t cope with the quality of Zinchenko. The man is a fucking idiot.

Pep has said that Phil can play anywhere, that was Peps words. As was showcased against Newcastle.

Waistcoat should never reveal private conversations he has with club managers about players.

I seriously doubt that Pep will have said that about Phil, and even more stupid to suggest that he can be arsed talking to that utter knobhead and fake manager Southgate.

The FA lackey is covering his own useless arse.

Southgate once again making shit excuses up to shaft Phil because it’s personal with him.

It’s always personal with Southgate, he doesn’t pick on ability, he picks players on what he perceives to be moral reasons - Saka because he’s the sort of player he wants his girlfriend to bring home, Rashford for “feeding” the 10,000, Henderson for his now hypocritical stance on equality issues,
Maguire because loyalty runs deep etc etc.

Southgate’s holier than thou image over substance attitude is what led us to lose the Euros final (Grealish was due to take a penalty after Saka for some reason, I reckon he’d have scored it), and has led to subsequent poor performances. Like bringing Sterling on as they key attacking sub vs France in the WC because I’m guessing he felt sorry for him with the burglary but ignoring the fact he hadn’t trained in camp for a week…

Sorry I could go on a massive rant about the imbecile. As far as I’m concerned the main reason he doesn’t play Foden is because he doesn’t fit into his mould of what a fine, upstanding England player should be. Someone who he likes. Hence why he only played him in the WC because the media kicked up a fuss. It probably goes back to Iceland. If so, it’s pathetic. The bellend Southgate only has to bother to tune into our treble winning matches and any of our games this season to see that Phil is more than capable of playing in the middle. Which we all know but again he’s lying to fit his own agenda.

Watch him start Phil tonight in a completely unsuitable position/set up and take him off at 60 minutes. He’s done it to Grealish enough times for it to be as clear as day he wants to shaft his least favoured yet most talented players.

I guess it depends on how it affects him.

He is a top performer for the best team in the world and can't get a starting spot in the national team. I'm sure he realises the level of Southgate.

If he is able to own that midfield position this year then he'll hopefully be a starter alongside Bellingham and Rice. That's a very decent midfield.
Why he plays Henderson over Phil is crazy. So negative. Two holders against the likes of Ukraine and in the Euros against the Jocks and then making the excuse today that he doesn't play for City in central midfield. Doesn't he realise that Kevin de bruyne plays for City and thats why Phil doesn't always play there. Since KDB 's injury he has played there you bell end Southgate.

Last edited:
Southgate once again making shit excuses up to shaft Phil because it’s personal with him.

It’s always personal with Southgate, he doesn’t pick on ability, he picks players on what he perceives to be moral reasons - Saka because he’s the sort of player he wants his girlfriend to bring home, Rashford for “feeding” the 10,000, Henderson for his now hypocritical stance on equality issues,
Maguire because loyalty runs deep etc etc.

Southgate’s holier than thou image over substance attitude is what led us to lose the Euros final (Grealish was due to take a penalty after Saka for some reason, I reckon he’d have scored it), and has led to subsequent poor performances. Like bringing Sterling on as they key attacking sub vs France in the WC because I’m guessing he felt sorry for him with the burglary but ignoring the fact he hadn’t trained in camp for a week…

Sorry I could go on a massive rant about the imbecile. As far as I’m concerned the main reason he doesn’t play Foden is because he doesn’t fit into his mould of what a fine, upstanding England player should be. Someone who he likes. Hence why he only played him in the WC because the media kicked up a fuss. It probably goes back to Iceland. If so, it’s pathetic. The bellend Southgate only has to bother to tune into our treble winning matches and any of our games this season to see that Phil is more than capable of playing in the middle. Which we all know but again he’s lying to fit his own agenda.

Watch him start Phil tonight in a completely unsuitable position/set up and take him off at 60 minutes. He’s done it to Grealish enough times for it to be as clear as day he wants to shaft his least favoured yet most talented players.

Voicing the feelings of most sensible posters - the FA puppet needs to be fucked off asap.

Pep has said that Phil can play anywhere, that was Peps words. As was showcased against Newcastle.

Waistcoat should never reveal private conversations he has with club managers about players.
The article in the Telegraph mentions that Kalvin Phillips will probably come in for Henderson, tells you everything you need to know about Southgate. I wonder if he asked Pep about Kalvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.