47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden mate, you want to replace KDB then you need to step up and not go missing when things are going wrong.

When games need winning, he's not looking like an elite player at the moment. Very good but not elite like KDB.

This is the only game in the league so far when things have gone wrong really. No one stepped up today.

I just don’t understand how you can come to that conclusion when he’s been excellent most of the season.

He's done well in easier games when things are going well.

Up against it he goes missing.

KDB would make something from nothing. If Foden wants to start in his position then he needs to do that and not go missing.

KDB is one of the worlds best players, if not best and he also isn’t starting in KDBs position. No one stepped up today.

Foden has been excellent in very challenging games - Liverpool away in particular.

Your trying to spin some kind of narrative that he goes missing. Which I completely disagree with. He’s had a huge influence so far this season

This is the only game in the league so far when things have gone wrong really. No one stepped up today.

I just don’t understand how you can come to that conclusion when he’s been excellent most of the season.

He doesnt take the game by the scruff of the neck and get City out of a hole.

KDB does.

And many want Foden to be in the KDB position.

He doesnt take the game by the scruff of the neck and get City out of a hole.

KDB does.

And many want Foden to be in the KDB position.

Yes he does. Did you not watch the Newcastle game? - he controlled the entire match and set up the goals. He absolutely took the game by the scruff of the neck and has done previously as well.

You want him to do it when we are losing - we rarely ever lose. We’ve lost one game this season. This one game no one showed up.

I don’t understand this reactionary opinion. Is he as good as KDB right now - no, but no one in world football is. Last week and most of the season he has been excellent - now let’s question him?

Of course people want him in the KDB position. He has all the talent to play that role, but I wouldn’t expect him to be instantly as good as KDB overnight in the first few games he plays in a similar role

Yes he does. Did you not watch the Newcastle game? - he controlled the entire match and set up the goals. He absolutely took the game by the scruff of the neck and has done previously as well.

You want him to do it when we are losing - we rarely ever lose. We’ve lost one game this season. This one game no one showed up.

I don’t understand this reactionary opinion. Is he as good as KDB right now - no, but no one in world football is. Last week and most of the season he has been excellent - now let’s question him?

Of course people want him in the KDB position. He has all the talent to play that role, but I wouldn’t expect him to be instantly as good as KDB overnight in the first few games he plays in a similar role

I disagree that he's as good as KDB. Not terrible, he's good, just not the kind of player that digs us out of a big hole.

We're gonna disagree so let's leave it there.

Shoukd have played him wide right. no use congesting the middle even further against shit kickers. We beed to stretch the pitch in these games.
Agree. Seemed a bit lost today and his effectiveness nullified. I can see him stepping up massively against Arsenal though, if Pep doesn’t have another brain fart.

I disagree that he's as good as KDB. Not terrible, he's good, just not the kind of player that digs us out of a big hole.

We're gonna disagree so let's leave it there.

I never said he was as good as KDB. I don’t think anyone is.

I’m sorry mate, but I just don’t understand or agree with your point. He has been great for 6:7 games and those games have shown me that he’s one of our main players and can replace KDB.

I don’t want to go round in circles I’ll leave it now mate

His issues seem to come when it gets congested in the areas he wants the ball. What Kevin does is drop deep or go out wide, find the space and back his quality to deliver a cross or thread a ball through from any position. Phil needs to learn to adapt his game a bit more. He's a bit too predictable at times, which a player of his talent has no excuse for being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.