47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a reason Southgate doesn't fully trust him and that's Gareth Southgate.

Can't control or command a game.

Completely average and will never be what some blues think he is capable of
Who else in the entire squad is constantly asked to play different positions?

Pep goes on and on about him lacking 'la pausa' but he continuously plays players before him centrally that turn it over left, right, and center before him.

If Alvarez was an academy prospect as Phil is-do you REALLY think he'd still be starting centrally, or starting anywhere, at this point? With all due respect, you're deluded if you do. I've always said, Phil is 100% treated differently because he's an academy player and wasn't bought.

Crap tonight. Average the last few games. Has all the talent in the world but needs to start showing it every week without fail if he wants to be considered as genuinely world-class. With KDB out he should be absolutely shining.

There is a reason Southgate doesn't fully trust him and that's Gareth Southgate.

Can't control or command a game.
Agree but still wouldn’t have subbed him. He’s not kicked on anywhere near as much as i expected him to by now. He’s still been producing moments though in plenty of games. The one moment of pure class from us tonight in an abysmal display that should have seen us go 1-0 up. Shocking substitution with the limited creative players we had on. Pep should have used his subs to get Foden central and close to Haaland because that was the only chance we had of creating anything.

Not as if it would have upset the balance. As we had fuck all from start to finish.

I expected him to step up (along with Alvarez to some extent) in Kev's absence but it isn't happening.

Last edited:
hilarious how foden is getting roasted here for playing a different position almost every match but alvarez can shit himself every fucking game and somehow no one cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.