47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly a typical Foden performance after a couple of great performances.

Sloppy, arrogant and often lazy in tracking back, if he wants to be a great he has to perform every game, every minute and take games like this and make them his.

Pep just totally objects to playing him in the middle. I really do wonder why?

Because he's weak as piss when it comes to winning the ball. Every single other midfielder we've had under Pep has been stronger in the challenge. He's just not got that tenacity.

It's annoying because he's a tough little shit who can ride tackles all day long but he just doesn't have the edge to him that I think you need to play in the middle.

I really hope he develops it but so far it's just not in his game.

Sadly a typical Foden performance after a couple of great performances.

Sloppy, arrogant and often lazy in tracking back, if he wants to be a great he has to perform every game, every minute and take games like this and make them his.

How on earth is it a typical foden performance? As above in half the games this season he’s getting the motm vote on this forum. Or a crucial goal or creating plenty of chances.

Most if not all of our players aren’t great every single game. Again just unbelievably harsh criticism.

Some of the best players in the world often don’t dominate entire games every week, but get a goal and assist. You want him to be the best player every game, otherwise it’s not good enough?

They should have both been kept on and Lewis should have come in for walker.
Correct. It's exactly what we did against Leipzig, and we completely turned it around. Walker does not contribute anything in our possession-based game, and also, not in the final third. I can't believe people see our problems in Phil, who has been amongst our top 3 players this season, easily. I thought he was one of our better players today as well.
The moment we start playing without Walker, but with Akanji and Johnny Stones stepping into midfield, is the moment we will start winning again.

Scored a goal when it was 1-1, despite being completed isolated on the wing. Took the game by the scruff of the neck midweek and won us the game…

As I’ve said previously the criticism at time on here is ridiculous. He basically needs to be motm every game otherwise he gets criticised.
Some on here have very unrealistic expectations of our players. Foden needs to carry every game, Ederson needs to save every shot, Haaland needs to score every match etc. It's like our players are so good most of the time that people forget they are humans too.

Correct. It's exactly what we did against Leipzig, and we completely turned it around. Walker does not contribute anything in our possession-based game, and also, not in the final third. I can't believe people see our problems in Phil, who has been amongst our top 3 players this season, easily. I thought he was one of our better players today as well.
The moment we start playing without Walker, but with Akanji and Johnny Stones stepping into midfield, is the moment we will start winning again.

Walker is the elephant in the room his main attribute is a fast winger and speed of recovery which he is fantastic at but that's without the ball! It's with the ball we need Lewis in the side especially at home! But pep was desperate for him to stay for his experience his authority in the dressing room plus we lost a few players already in that category, so I understand why pep wanted to keep him! He is 33 now and has played
Every game he be mentally knackered as well as physically!

Feel pep will go back to four centre backs last half the season

Walker is the elephant in the room his main attribute is a fast winger and speed of recovery which he is fantastic at but that's without the ball! It's with the ball we need Lewis in the side especially at home! But pep was desperate for him to stay for his experience his authority in the dressing room plus we lost a few players already in that category, so I understand why pep wanted to keep him! He is 33 now and has played
Every game he be mentally knackered as well as physically!

Feel pep will go back to four centre backs last half the season
Yeah, I agree with this assessment. I also wanted to keep Walker, and I still feel like we need him, but I can't believe he is playing every game. We do need to go back to playing with 4 CBs.

Yeah, I agree with this assessment. I also wanted to keep Walker, and I still feel like we need him, but I can't believe he is playing every game. We do need to go back to playing with 4 CBs.
Which is a problem when we only have five on the books. It gives us very little depth, particularly when one is Stones, whose injuries we know about all too well. If we replaced Gomez and Phillips with a quality centre-half and a defensive midfielder with attacking capabilities then we'd be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.