47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

7 goals and 5 assists this season, well on his way to double figures, our only creative outlet tonight in a position which really limits him. Why Pep didn’t have him and Bobb on either wing I’ll never know.

If Foden wasn’t ‘one of our own’ he’ll be labelled…

I think he’s lazy and not shown his true quality so far football wise..

But is a shitbag and will always hide and we won’t see abilities..

If Foden wasn’t ‘one of our own’ he’ll be labelled…

I think he’s lazy and not shown his true quality so far football wise..

But is a shitbag and will always hide and we won’t see abilities..

wanker-top-gear.gif

He's not and never has been a left sided player for me, should be right, or far better central.
I think he’s better in the middle and right but he can only play effectively in the centre when he has midfielders with a bit of beef and stamina around him. He’s still relatively coltish in terms of his physique and too easily knocked off the ball.

He's not and never has been a left sided player for me, should be right, or far better central.
Yet his only spell of real consistent form where he genuinely looked like becoming something special was his spell on the left wing 2/3 years ago.

Yet his only spell of real consistent form where he genuinely looked like becoming something special was his spell on the left wing 2/3 years ago.
Yeah, he can obviously play on the left and be effective. He was outstanding in the 20/21 season.
Was also the only spell he’s had of playing the same position over an extended period of time (20, 25, 30 games). Don’t think he’s ever had anything comparable on the right or in the centre? Seems he’s spent the past two seasons moving around across different positions, which is hardly conducive to consistency.
I think he can be a world beater on the left, right or in the middle. But to become that, he is, at some point, going to need the chance make a position his own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.