47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised to see the consensus on Twitter (yeah, I know) was that he was average. I thought he was brilliant. Some of his touches are just incredible.

Thiught he was great. Control was sublime. Woukd made out like a bandit if he had haaland ahead of him
If we had this version of Phil in the Centurion season, it may have just been a treble as well. The way Pep has them playing now is different to that time. Imagine Phil as full tilt, Sane going one way, Raz another and Haaland as well.

Maybe a bit of a tail off from his exceptional levels of late, wanted a bit more from him in terms of being the man to make something happen but still a very high quality performance, The control on display tonight was phenomenal. Maddison isnt half the player Foden is.

If I've got a small critique, i think his physical deficiencies were a bit on show tonight. He doesn't need to bulk up or anything, just needs to learn to use his body better to both shield the ball and not get shoved off the ball so easily when driving with it. Aguero and Bernardo aren't really any bigger than him, those two were/are masters at it for Phil to copy.

Maybe a bit of a tail off from his exceptional levels of late, wanted a bit more from him in terms of being the man to make something happen but still a very high quality performance, The control on display tonight was phenomenal. Maddison isnt half the player Foden is.

If I've got a small critique, i think his physical deficiencies were a bit on show tonight. He doesn't need to bulk up or anything, just needs to learn to use his body better to both shield the ball and not get shoved off the ball so easily when driving with it. Aguero and Bernardo aren't really any bigger than him, those two were/are masters at it for Phil to copy.

Yeah Bernado is a great example to learn from for that. Bernado isn't even quick, he's just extremely clever at keeping the ball.

Anyway I didn't think Phil was at his very best tonight. He showed some moments of his ability but he's definitely had better games recently. Then again, I think a lot of that was down to not having a proper target man in front of him, so there's nobody to release the ball to and it makes it easier to get crowded out on the 18 yard line. As many point out, he's the best around a taking the ball and turning towards goal but you need movement ahead of him too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.