47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Regardless of what trophies Alvarez has won, he’s not even 1/10th of the player Foden is, and never will be.

Harsh description considering Alverez is playing out of position.

Foden isn't 1/10th the striker Alvarez is.

You'd have been better off saying Foden was the better midfielder which would be a fairer description.

Everybody in the sport knows. They've been saying it since he was in the academy.

It only comes as a surprise to rival fans who try and convince themselves that their favourite player is better.
Wasn't he the BBC Young Sportsman of the Year, when England won the Under 17's World Cup ?
Forgetting the team trophies Phil has achieved, to score a Premier League Hat-Trick (as a midfielder) away from home, is bloody remarkable.
Love watching Phil as he nearly always attempts the unexpected.
His superb balance and ability to dribble while not looking down at the ball, sends so many opponents the wrong way...

Harsh description considering Alverez is playing out of position.

Foden isn't 1/10th the striker Alvarez is.

You'd have been better off saying Foden was the better midfielder which would be a fairer description.
Disagree that Foden is 1/10th of the striker Alvarez is. I think he’d score as many if we played him there, and not as a false 9.

I stand by it anyway. Foden is a much better player in almost all aspects of the game.

MOTM. He should have scored when he was in 1 v one but also should have had an assist or two.

Slow start but as the game wore on he became one of the best players on the pitch if not the best. I’ll put only Akanji ahead of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.