47 | Phil Foden - 2024/25

Good to see him in the side from the start tonight. Let’s hope this is the start of his season proper now.

Last season I thought his challenge was to score more goals and replace what we were missing with Mahrez leaving. He went from 16, 14 and 15 goals in the previous three seasons to scoring 27 last season.

His challenge this season is to start being more creative. Last season three defensive midfielders (Rodri, Rice and Groß) and two players who played half the number of games as Phil (de Bruyne and Neto) had more assists than Foden in the Prem.

He’s also not very creative at all from central attacking mid with just four assists in all completions from there all last season.

He lacks link-up play with Haaland when he plays in central attacking mid as well. Watch back some of the games from previous seasons where he played centrally and there are games where there isn’t a single pass to each other between Foden and Haaland.

He stepped up is goals last season, let’s see him take that next step up and add more creativity to his game, especially centrally (he is much more creative when playing wide, to be fair to him).

If he does this and carries it on over subsequent seasons with higher goals and assists together, he’ll be the complete player.
Good start last night with an assist from central attacking mid!

I thought he started super brightly and faded a bit. It is still a good performance, though, in my opinion. Fulham was content forcing everything out wide.

Wasn’t at it at all yesterday. Don’t recall seeing him show for, or demand the ball. Good he got more minutes in.
he was demanding it tbf, the back three just werent comfortable sending it into packed areas for the most part, him and rico both got 'calls for it' overlooked a few times.

Wasn’t at it at all yesterday. Don’t recall seeing him show for, or demand the ball. Good he got more minutes in.
Genuine question, were you at the game?

Reason I ask is because when you see the game from above, you can see him in the pockets that you just can't see on the tele.

He was in those pockets all game, hands in the air in frustration. We just don't have the players who are willing to risk a ball into his feet as it means playing a ball through two Fulham players.

Rodri and Fernandinho play those passes with their eyes closed.

Genuine question, were you at the game?

Reason I ask is because when you see the game from above, you can see him in the pockets that you just can't see on the tele.

He was in those pockets all game, hands in the air in frustration. We just don't have the players who are willing to risk a ball into his feet as it means playing a ball through two Fulham players.

Rodri and Fernandinho play those passes with their eyes closed.

Yes mate I was there. Season ticket holder in 106. I spent a good 10 minutes watching Foden, he wasn’t finding space or demanding the ball IMHO. Well below his usual standards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.