5:2 diet

Rosler1985 said:
Not getting this diet at all. Why would you want to fast yourself silly? Surely it's a lot easier eating a healthy diet and actually exercising to get the weight off?

600 Calories a day. Fuck that.

It's not instead of exersize and a healthy diet, it's in conjunction with.

images

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
Rosler1985 said:
Not getting this diet at all. Why would you want to fast yourself silly? Surely it's a lot easier eating a healthy diet and actually exercising to get the weight off?

images

Haha Ron. Brilliant.

Hey I wasn't having a go mate. Anybody that takes active steps to lose weight want applauding. Took me years to finally get round to it and it's the best thing I've ever done.

I just wouldn't fancy working out with only 600 calories inside me.

Rosler1985 said:

I agree mate,it isnt for me either.

However,if its a means to an end for some and they can happilly live and function on it,then i say crack on.

On a side note,i've just started GVT again(German volume training) look it up guys and see what you think.It's very effective,especially in the short term and to break through plateaus,however,it is brutal and as the old saying goes 'leave your ego at the door'.

I dont think i'd recommend this diet on it though,as the required cals just arent there imo.

Rosler1985 said:

A lot easier for you maybe. Something that works for you, won't necessarily work for the next person.

Benarbia_is_god said:
Benarbia_is_god said:
The only thing I find tough about the fast days now is getting to sleep, feeling horrendously hungry when you go to bed doesn't help when you need some kip! Other than that it's fairly simple.

What do you eat on your fast days?

Usually have 5 boiled eggs which are 100 calories each, full of protein too.
Change to something actually filling mate.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:54 pm --<br /><br />
Rosler1985 said:
Rosler1985 said:

images

Haha Ron. Brilliant.

Hey I wasn't having a go mate. Anybody that takes active steps to lose weight want applauding. Took me years to finally get round to it and it's the best thing I've ever done.

I just wouldn't fancy working out with only 600 calories inside me.
Depends what you eat on the fast days mate. And how used to 3-5 square meals a day you are.

Like today wasn't a fast day to me but I've only just noticed I've eaten nothing today so I've turned it into one.

For me it's not about weight loss anymore per se, it's just a bit of fat stripping, now at 10% (using calipers) and reducing cholesterol and blood glucose levels.

I've tried fasting diets in the past and I have actually found them to be pretty effective to give you a boost and shed some weight fast before you continue your exercise, but they're impossible (and unhealthy) to maintain. This is not such a diet though, and it really makes sense. You won't burn as much fat as during a longer fast-diet (ketosis and all that, look it up) but you're still obviously eating less calories, which will obviously make it effective.

As for training, I don't train every day so it's fine. I go to the gym maybe 3-4 times a week currently, and if your fasting for two days a week then it's obvious you can get that amount of training in without having to do it when you're low on energy.

Haven't really tried it yet though, but as I said it makes sense. I'm currently getting the exercise I need but I eat too much, and this seems like a sensible way of cutting down to me.

For the past week I've been using my fitness pal to see how many calories I consume (cut out all junk food, fizzy drinks and stuck to 3 square meals per day). I'm averaging around the 700/800 calories mark and I'm still playing tennis and football once a week. Don't think I've lost weight (never weigh myself) but I have less of a 'belly' so hopefully I can carry on like this.

On my fast day today, Was meant to do it yesterday but completely forgot! and today is weight training as well.

Feel alright though so I shouldn't be too badly affected.

Already feeling healthier and more "alive" since cutting out the shit and going to a healthy diet, regular exercise and doing these two fast days a week!

Had my fast day yesterday, ended up doing 590 calories. Had a banana for breakfast this morning and have just treated myself to a bacon and chicken burger for dinner, tasted fantastic! One thing I've noticed is that on my fast days my piss is really dark coloured even though I drink 4-5 bottles of water throughout the day, anybody else had anything like this?

bammy blue said:
Had my fast day yesterday, ended up doing 590 calories. Had a banana for breakfast this morning and have just treated myself to a bacon and chicken burger for dinner, tasted fantastic! One thing I've noticed is that on my fast days my piss is really dark coloured even though I drink 4-5 bottles of water throughout the day, anybody else had anything like this?
Its because around 80% of daily water intake is from food

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.