5:2 diet

CTID1988 said:
Might give this a go. Doesn't your body just store more fat after its been starved though? Or is that only when you havent eaten for a few days

i think this is the idea though you are creating a calorie deficit over the whole week, but the body doesnt start storing extra fat as the fasting days are only at regular intervals, a bit like the reason why people on ultra low calorie diets will have a cheat meal once a week.

btw i have been doing IF slightly differently, I fast from bed time till 6pm everyday. and then have an earing period between 6pm and 10pm. during the fasting period i just have protein shake first thing and at lunch.

I am gonna try 5:2 next to see if suites me better.

softlad said:
Cheers SWP!

Gonna start this on Monday then, just as a flavour is that what you always eat on your day of fast?

Can you not add a snack inbetween your last meal and your fast meal, or is that just personal preference.
Yeah pretty much as it is quick and easy, other alternatives I've had is things like salad and salmon but it's generally just that.

If you google there are loads of more exciting recipe ideas but I don't mind it.

It is worth it when you start shedding the lbs and start seeing your abs again and all your trousers don't fit anymore.

What is funny is that clothes I couldn't wear last summer as they were too small 34" waist don't fit me this summer as they are too big.

softlad said:
Right i'm going to give this a bash, starting on Monday.

Can any of the regulars on here (i'm looking at SWPs Back here) give a brief example of what they eat on a fast day or some suggestions.

Im a bit rubbish with all this calorie counting malarky!

There are a number of Apps you can download. I am using My Fitness Pal.

Lost 9lbs in just under a month

SWP's back said:
softlad said:
Cheers SWP!

Gonna start this on Monday then, just as a flavour is that what you always eat on your day of fast?

Can you not add a snack inbetween your last meal and your fast meal, or is that just personal preference.
Yeah pretty much as it is quick and easy, other alternatives I've had is things like salad and salmon but it's generally just that.

If you google there are loads of more exciting recipe ideas but I don't mind it.

It is worth it when you start shedding the lbs and start seeing your abs again and all your trousers don't fit anymore.

What is funny is that clothes I couldn't wear last summer as they were too small 34" waist don't fit me this summer as they are too big.

Cheers Pal!

Im starting tonight having not eaten yet today, so will give the Chicken a whirl.

Im hoping in conjunction with the Gym I will start to see results. Ive only been going for 2 weeks but enjoying it, just hope I still do in 2 months!

As per all the other fitness / diet threads, i'll check in!

softlad said:
SWP's back said:
softlad said:
Cheers SWP!

Cheers Pal!

Im starting tonight having not eaten yet today, so will give the Chicken a whirl.

Im hoping in conjunction with the Gym I will start to see results. Ive only been going for 2 weeks but enjoying it, just hope I still do in 2 months!

Beansprouts are my saviour as they are virtually calorie free but fairly filling. They are my top tip.

Im gonna start it today. A lad at work is doing ramadan at the moment so il just sit near him on the fast day and we can moan about it, bit of support!

bluwes said:
softlad said:
Right i'm going to give this a bash, starting on Monday.

Can any of the regulars on here (i'm looking at SWPs Back here) give a brief example of what they eat on a fast day or some suggestions.

Im a bit rubbish with all this calorie counting malarky!

There are a number of Apps you can download. I am using My Fitness Pal.

Lost 9lbs in just under a month

Myfitnesspal is good for tracking and for getting used to spreading calories throughout the day, like i say i'm currently on 1560 with my targets and like yourself have lost 9lbs in 4/5 weeks.

It also highlights foods with hidden sugars that you may not think contain much, it opened my eyes when i first started using it.

-- 11 Jul 2013 13:17 --

SWP's back said:
softlad said:
SWP's back said:

Cheers Pal!

Beansprouts are my saviour as they are virtually calorie free but fairly filling. They are my top tip.

I agree

One of my favs is a Turkey Breast Stir Fry with Black Bean Sauce mmmmmm

People don't half like to complicate things. I've been sticking to this since september and it's made a big difference to me. All I do is, twice a week (Mondays and Fridays), cut out all protein and carbohydrates for breakfast and Lunch, if you need to snack go ahead but make sure it's only on fruit, that's it, forget callorie counting and clock watching it just complicates things.

lyonfish said:
People don't half like to complicate things. I've been sticking to this since september and it's made a big difference to me. All I do is, twice a week (Mondays and Fridays), cut out all protein and carbohydrates for breakfast and Lunch, if you need to snack go ahead but make sure it's only on fruit, that's it, forget callorie counting and clock watching it just complicates things.
Yes it is very difficult to remember to eat two chicken breasts and beansprouts for your tea twice a week.

Anyway, I train and don't want to cut protein as I have nice big lovely muscles.

34dt09l.jpg

SWP's back said:
lyonfish said:
Yes it is very difficult to remember to eat two chicken breasts and beansprouts for your tea twice a week.

Anyway, I train and don't want to cut protein as I have nice big lovely muscles.

34dt09l.jpg

Black & White, very arty!
You aint seen nothing yet.. I accidently got my days mixed up, did 5 days fasting and 2 days eating. To be fair though, i look the shit

funniest-body-builder-ever.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.