5 home games 21/22 to be able to buy a ticket for United game !?

Anyone know when the club will be announcing the prices for the tickets for all the games I know they all go on sale on Thursday bit be good to.know how much they are

Anyone know when the club will be announcing the prices for the tickets for all the games I know they all go on sale on Thursday bit be good to.know how much they are
They stopped doing this in about 2008 or 2009 so the price rises were hidden under Cook.

I agree with you.
But is it possible to implement a system which everyone deems fair while maximising bums on seats.
Very true. It's impossible to keep everyone happy.

The one thing i reckon we can all agree on is the points system should be looked at seen as it's still in place and it's meaningless at the minute.

So people who go to more games get a better chance of big match tickets.

Or is that a false statement.
If you went to 4 home games last year you get the same chance as someone who went to 0. Which is Zero.

More people are being excluded from bigger games.

Definitely not asking for preferential treatment. We just need a fair system, and there will always be people on either side of where the cut off line comes down.

May I not answer your question, but pose you back another one; Should someone who bought a home ticket to Norwich, Brentford, Wolves, Crystal Palace & Brighton, and who gets to a match via a 50p bus ticket, and gave his mate two of those games because 'he couldn't be bothered', have preference over my scenario of 3 home games, 1 away, and travels thousands of miles (at great expense) ?

I don't want to suggest I'm better or more deserving, that's arrogant, and not me. I just think 5 home games, 25% of the season, is a PISS TAKE (my 2cents).

How about the last 3 years of loyalty points (Home games only ?) removes the issue of loyalty points gained from > 3 years ago and rewards those over a recent extended period, not just a one-off commitment ?
For that you’d have to discount the covid seasons

For that you’d have to discount the covid seasons
Agreed, perhaps last 5 years, excluding COVID seasons ... either way, something better/fairer than '5 home games last season'

If they keep this rule, I should buy the cheap cup tickets this year, and not plan on going ! just so I can watch us against the scum the following season. Is that really what City want ?

100% correct. The points system goes completely out the window for Cityzen card holders.
For example @Impeccable One has 15 seasons of going to City games.
A newbie who bought a membership last season went to his first 5 games.

The newbie gets a ticket ahead of @Impeccable One for the Rags and Dippers game.

It doesn't make sense.
Just thought I’d have a look at hospitality to see what’s on offer for these games. Mostly sold out (Tunnel Club Premier was £1800 for the dippers game).

Cheapest Offsite hospitality for Rags without mentioning where your seat will be so prob SS3 at the back! - £299 and Dippers - £350!

Looks like we have also launched another load of hospitality deals, one called Champion is from £3000 per game !

The football world has gone completely mad.

Just thought I’d have a look at hospitality to see what’s on offer for these games. Mostly sold out (Tunnel Club Premier was £1800 for the dippers game).

Cheapest Offsite hospitality for Rags without mentioning where your seat will be so prob SS3 at the back! - £299 and Dippers - £350!

Looks like we have also launched another load of hospitality deals, one called Champion is from £3000 per game !

The football world has gone completely mad.
Jesus Christ those prices are absolutely insane. My just above minimum wage money isn't quite enough to buy those :)

100% correct. The points system goes completely out the window for Cityzen card holders.
For example @Impeccable One has 15 seasons of going to City games.
A newbie who bought a membership last season went to his first 5 games.

The newbie gets a ticket ahead of @Impeccable One for the Rags and Dippers game.

It doesn't make sense.
I agree. Last season the club discovered dozens of Liverpool fans had bought tickets in home areas for the PL game, even though you had to have bought 3 games (I think). These fans had bought cheap cup tickets and not attended the games, giving them a qualifying purchase history. So I believe they changed the criterion to 100 points.

Points make much more sense and you could do it in the same way we do away tickets, based on a sliding scale of qualifying points.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.