5 home games 21/22 to be able to buy a ticket for United game !?

It is making it harder for all Members for the big games, especially without knowing last season when attendance patterns dipped for a lot of people.

More are being top sliced for other money making schemes, like they do with away tickets. Otherwise they would just do it on a sliding scale.
I just realized, you have hit the nail on the head !

This has nothing to do with ensuring local/loyal fans get tickets, or keeping away fans out, this is to ensure they have 2,000+ (my estimate) seats they can bundle in to hospitality packages that have far greater margin on them.

We used to have 5 or 6 or 7 onsite hospitality options, at different service/cost levels. Now take a look ...

Hospitality v United

EXCLUDING boxes and other packages greater than a grand ! (There are 6 of these) :O there are another 11 packages on & off site that include food, the majority of these have 3rd tier seats, not premium, and the price of these packages is 300-800 quid.

11 packages, 200 seats per package(my guess), average price 550 quid = > 1.2 million quid for just over 2,000 seats they've avoided selling to people like me for 55 quid. This is an over simplified calculation, but you get the jist of what's going on here. I always thought the shouts of the 'regular man being priced out' were taken to the extreme. But now I can see it with my own eyes.

“Give us £35 for access to match tickets” without telling you certain games you may not be able to access.

To be fair it does tell you there may be restrictions for certain games.

——

. *Some games may be on restricted sale, which requires supporters to have previously attended fixtures at the Etihad Stadium. Please check before purchasing membership for a specific game.

———

Although there was no way of checking before specific games unless you held off buying the membership until today.

To the American guy. I wouldn’t give up hope just yet. My guess is they won’t sell out the full 8,000 or whatever it is with that quite restrictive criteria. Every chance it might drop to 4 or 3 games maybe.

I think match tickets will be £10/£15 more expensive this season, last season a game against a team like Bournemouth was £35 or £40 for SS2 I think? So we’ll see on Thursday

THIS IS DISGUSTING.

I attend 4-5 games per year, some away in CL, when I live in Atlanta, GA, USA. Last year I attended 3 home (Crystal Palace, United, Sporting CP) and West Ham away. I even got to Porto the previous year for the CL final !

Last week I renewed my Cityzens and booked flights for the Sep/Oct to cover the home game v United. And now the club tell me "I'm NOT worthy" of being able to buy a ticket for this game as the criteria is 'must have attended 5 home games during 21/22 .... WTF !?

Is it right for me to be angry ? or should I just chill, and accept this is the new City, that makes decisions not in the best interest of their overseas fan base ?
If you want a ticket badly enough you will get sorted mate
Pissing, crying and moaning on here is not a good look. And very un-Mancunian
We are not scousers FFS
If you have genuinely booked flights etc then contact the club and they will be happy to accommodate you.
And if that doesn’t work then I will sort you with a ticket, just to shut you the fuck up as much as anything

We are not scousers FFS
If you have genuinely booked flights etc then contact the club and they will be happy to accommodate you.
And if that doesn’t work then I will sort you with a ticket, just to shut you the fuck up as much as anything
So many things I could say, but I'll keep it simple.

I'm not pissing,crying & moaning ONLY for me. I'm doing it on behalf of others in a similar situation. I'm objecting to the criteria, as being 'poor'. And if you don't think Mancunians complain, point me to the stone you've been living under.

"If you have genuinely booked flights" ..... hhhhmmmm, now I'm a liar ?

"then contact the club and they will be happy to accommodate you" - are you speaking on behalf of the club ?
But, I wouldn't contact the club, 'just for me', that's not what my post is about. It's about the criteria they have implemented.

"just to shut you the fuck up as much as anything" ...nice, classy ....

From reading the above i'm thinking i might be okay. I generally book 6 matches and bring my eldest daughter to 2 of them. But i avoid the big games. Partly because i want to be sure my daughter sees us win (yeah i know) and partly because the big games are pretty well covered by tv (and yeah i know the arguments there). This year i'm going to try for Bournemouth, Fulham, Villa, Newcastle and then take my daughter to Southampton and Leeds (so she can sing we all hate leeds). Nicely spread over the season so i get to visit my mum etc in manchester regularly.

Harvey Nichols hospitality ffs. What an absolute joke! 'I'll get some personal shopping whilst I'm at the game with my stylist'....how fucking pretentious!
Makes me realise I'm actually quite happy being a peasant.

I live in Stoke on Trent (yes it's as bad as you think) and I very rarely get the opportunity to get to more than 2 or 3 games a season. The 5 game rule for Liverpool or United is shit personally speaking.

From reading the above i'm thinking i might be okay. I generally book 6 matches and bring my eldest daughter to 2 of them. But i avoid the big games. Partly because i want to be sure my daughter sees us win (yeah i know) and partly because the big games are pretty well covered by tv (and yeah i know the arguments there). This year i'm going to try for Bournemouth, Fulham, Villa, Newcastle and then take my daughter to Southampton and Leeds (so she can sing we all hate leeds). Nicely spread over the season so i get to visit my mum etc in manchester regularly.

You might struggle for Leeds if your daughter doesn’t have her own membership.

It says one per member for that game and must have attended at least one previous game. Although it doesn’t specify it needs to have been last season, unlike United and Liverpool.

We are not scousers FFS
The lad does have valid points that he makes regarding the ticketing rules. As for the "if you want one badly enough you'll get sorted" isn't entirely true,' Plenty of blues that want tickets for certain games can't get one. It's who you know too that you've a better opportunity of getting you're hands on one. As for the club "Happy to accommodate" that's not entirely true either, Mostly they've been great when ringing up and asking for certain things but alot of other times it's not the case.

Anyway seems like a very harsh post and uncalled for wording. He's allowed an opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.