5 i'd like to see next season ...

jimmy blue shoes said:
INTERNATIONAL__________________HOME GROWN

Simon Mignolet___________________Wayne Hennessey

Mats Hummels____________________Gary Cahill

Fabio Coentrao___________________Leighton Baines

Nuri Sahin_______________________Jack Wilshere

Alexis Sanchez___________________Gareth Bale

Would prefer the names on the left every day of the week.

FantasyIreland said:
Young said:
No thanks.

5 more players = more time to gel.
More time to gel = title challenge postponed.

So in your opinion we are covered in all areas and are not lacking any squad depth or quality? Subsequently,the current squad is capable of winning the league?

What about the 10 or so that will be out the door?

Half of this 10 is already out of the door and we are doing well without them. We do need to bring in more players, but 5 imho is overkill.

FantasyIreland said:
Young said:
No thanks.

5 more players = more time to gel.
More time to gel = title challenge postponed.

So in your opinion we are covered in all areas and are not lacking any squad depth or quality? Subsequently,the current squad is capable of winning the league?

People always think that 10 players will be out the door. I suspect after the summer transfer window, we will still be lumped with Jo, RSC et al because noone will be willing to pay what we pay them for being shite. Ade might attract interest but some will just do a Danny Mills and see out their contract here.

Caicedo's contract will run out i think, anyone else?
Edit: Caicedo's got a year left.

Young said:
Half of this 10 is already out of the door and we are doing well without them. We do need to bring in more players, but 5 imho is overkill.

We limped through Feb,losing our European ambitions along the way.At the minute we are one or two injuries away from returning to that form - Imagine losing DJ,Komps or Silva now?
We also have one or two positions that need strengthening if we are to progress.

That lack of depth coupled with all the passengers we are carrying and who are hopefully leaving means we have to purchase.

FantasyIreland said:
Young said:

We limped through Feb,losing our European ambitions along the way.At the minute we are one or two injuries away from returning to that form - Imagine losing DJ,Komps or Silva now?
We also have one or two positions that need strengthening if we are to progress.

That lack of depth coupled with all the passengers we are carrying and who are hopefully leaving means we have to purchase.

With all loanees gone plus SWP, Vierra, Jo, Given, Tevez (if he chooses to go) likely to leave/retire or be sold. Then there's Weiss saying he would be happy to stay at Rangers and MJ (know one knows whats happening with him), Taylor who was only given a 1 year deal and does Mancini rate Neilson or Gonzales? We will need at least 5 and for me the magic number is 8:

GK: Loach
CB: Subotic
LB: Coentrao
AMF: Sanchez
DMF: Rodwell
CMF: Sneijder
Striker: 1 from Cavani, Auguero, Rossi (only if Tevez leaves)
Striker: Lukaku

Add these to the rest of the squad and from then on it would be 1 in 1 out.

inGavious said:
... at City ... Fabio Coentrao (Benfica), Jeremy Menez (Roma), Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille), Michel Bastos (Lyon) and Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

amazed if we arent in for bastos.
hes a class act.
quality player.
yes hes abrazilian but not like a robinho /jo lazy wanker.
he puts in a shift and is genuinely class

inGavious said:
... at City ... Fabio Coentrao (Benfica), Jeremy Menez (Roma), Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille), Michel Bastos (Lyon) and Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Scott Parker
Sneijder
Cahill
Kaka
Ashley Young<br /><br />-- Wed May 04, 2011 6:59 pm --<br /><br />
Jonny68 said:
Scott Parker, Sergio Aguero, Kaka, Georgi Chilleni and Wesley Snieder.

Yes - this is close to being right....................

Young said:
FantasyIreland said:

I dont think you understand why we are are going for 5-6 players.

The thing is...last summer we bought Kolarov, Silva, Balo, Boateng, Yaya etc...to replace players like Garrido, Bellamy and so on...

This time we only add players. I dont think many/anyone of the current players in our squad who are playing a role is going to leave.

Jo, Swp..they are going to leave because they have no part to play in the current squad. + all the loan signings. Im sure our owners get the deals done for those players.

And this time there will be a pre-season for the new signings unlike this season.
The signings had 1 week before the Spurs game because they arrived from the holidays because of the world cup. This time there is no major tournament.

If we get the deals done early. The signings adapt much faster than this seasons signings, maybe even instantly.

We only need 2 players imo to go from top 4 to top 2 (3 if tevez leaves) I'd go for Subotic, Pastore and Cavani. Subotic has been one of the best centre backs in europe for the past 2 seasons and Pastore has been out of this world for palermo. Cavani is prolific to say the least. I'd like a keeper who can throw the ball to a player quickly and launch attacks aswell but I feel Hart has earned the right to be given time to add that to his game while remaining our number 1.

Kurple said:
Dax777 said:
League Champs and CL Finals.
why are you commenting on everyone's preferred 5?

It's impossible to predict.
Just having a good time. And playing the guessing game.<br /><br />-- Wed May 04, 2011 2:48 pm --<br /><br />
jimmy blue shoes said:
INTERNATIONAL__________________HOME GROWN

Simon Mignolet___________________Wayne Hennessey
Mats Hummels____________________Gary Cahill

Fabio Coentrao___________________Leighton Baines

Nuri Sahin_______________________Jack Wilshere
Alexis Sanchez___________________Gareth Bale

The guys in red. And I'll take either of the last group. Whichever is cheaper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.