5 i'd like to see next season ...

Mad 4 It said:
FantasyIreland said:
We limped through Feb,losing our European ambitions along the way.At the minute we are one or two injuries away from returning to that form - Imagine losing DJ,Komps or Silva now?
We also have one or two positions that need strengthening if we are to progress.

That lack of depth coupled with all the passengers we are carrying and who are hopefully leaving means we have to purchase.

With all loanees gone plus SWP, Vierra, Jo, Given, Tevez (if he chooses to go) likely to leave/retire or be sold. Then there's Weiss saying he would be happy to stay at Rangers and MJ (know one knows whats happening with him), Taylor who was only given a 1 year deal and does Mancini rate Neilson or Gonzales? We will need at least 5 and for me the magic number is 8:

GK: Loach
CB: Subotic
LB: Coentrao
AMF: Sanchez
DMF: Rodwell
CMF: Sneijder
Striker: 1 from Cavani, Auguero, Rossi (only if Tevez leaves)
Striker: Lukaku

Add these to the rest of the squad and from then on it would be 1 in 1 out.

this is a good list, plenty of young players(which Mancini likes) Subotic looks an excellent prospect,i'd add Phil Jones alongside him,19 and looks accomplished and confident in defence and DM. Sanchez and Sneijder would add pace and creativity, Rodwell again looks like a future England regular,and Lukaku is one of the top young strikers in Europe(maybe Kompany and Boyata could persuade him) add to your list of strikers Higuain and thats my list!

Aly cissokho better defender than coentrao but also equally as good goign forward,faster,has dealt with better oppositions than conetrao as well and would be relatively cheaper at 18m euros,france do produce the best left backs.

Ribery,would be his last chance to join a club trying to make a name for themselves,would add so much creativity to the team as he can play on either flanks but also down the middle to give a rest to silva,would cost around 35m euros.

Aaron lennon as he is what shaun should have or be right now,pacy,clever and a nightmare for patrice evra,would welcome coming to city.

Chiellini as he is just what we need at the back,a commanding centre back with the experience of someone much older who could really help vinny become even better,especially if juve don't get champions league football,we should break the bank for him.

I dont agree with anyone that would sign Kaka. What has he done in the last couple of years? Absolutely nothing, hes done nothing at madrid and his last match rating was 3/10. Hes a dead beat and would bring nothing to the squad. I wouldnt touch another brazilian again after the whole robinho/elano/jo situation!

We definitely need a left back, Kolarov is not good enough, Leighton Baines in. other than a left back i dont think we need any other defenders, were pretty solid in that department! We need a winger, adam johnson is not good enough, hes not a 90 minute player, and at the moment, hes still championship quality, bring him on with 20 mons left and let him run at defenders. get Jesus Navas in, (i wouldnt not pay big money for bale)

next id get wesley scheider in, hes exactly what we need in midfield, someone creative, who scores goals and adds an attacking influence to the team, hopefully de jong could convince him!

as for strikers, it depends if tevez leaves of course, i wouldnt mind drogba for a short term solution, but for the long term id look at auguero. theres no point buying a load of strikers, dzeko needs a chance yet, i dont think balotelli is good enough, but we shall see. our main concern is the left back position, so baines would be my 1st priority,then an attacking midfielder.

so to sum up

baines
schneider
jesus navas
drogba
augeuro

Depending on who goes....but lets say Carlos and Ade both do....then:

Eto'o
E. Hazard
Javi Martinez
Sanchez
Baines

mcfcmikey said:
I dont agree with anyone that would sign Kaka. What has he done in the last couple of years? Absolutely nothing, hes done nothing at madrid and his last match rating was 3/10. Hes a dead beat and would bring nothing to the squad. I wouldnt touch another brazilian again after the whole robinho/elano/jo situation!

We definitely need a left back, Kolarov is not good enough, Leighton Baines in. other than a left back i dont think we need any other defenders, were pretty solid in that department! We need a winger, adam johnson is not good enough, hes not a 90 minute player, and at the moment, hes still championship quality, bring him on with 20 mons left and let him run at defenders. get Jesus Navas in, (i wouldnt not pay big money for bale)

next id get wesley scheider in, hes exactly what we need in midfield, someone creative, who scores goals and adds an attacking influence to the team, hopefully de jong could convince him!

as for strikers, it depends if tevez leaves of course, i wouldnt mind drogba for a short term solution, but for the long term id look at auguero. theres no point buying a load of strikers, dzeko needs a chance yet, i dont think balotelli is good enough, but we shall see. our main concern is the left back position, so baines would be my 1st priority,then an attacking midfielder.

so to sum up

baines
schneider
jesus navas
drogba
augeuro
Doesn't Navas have depression issues when he is away from home?

Dax777 said:
mcfcmikey said:

so to sum up

baines
schneider
jesus navas
drogba
augeuro
Doesn't Navas have depression issues when he is away from home?

Yes, he gets home sick! We don't need any of that at the club

Nuri Sahin and Mario Götze from Dortmund. Get those playing in front of NDJ in midfield and we'd have just the formation we needed. Get them both and they can both settle in far quicker.

Given the poor finances of German football, a £20 million bid for both would probably do it. An absolute snip considering their age and talent. We'd better move fast though. Get in there with a big bucks offer before he signs for Real.

Through in Nevan Subotic as well while we're at it.:)

A striker and a left back should then complete a Premier League winning side.

Sahin is soon to be Real Madrid's property sadly. Barrios let it slip that this is a done deal in an interview.

"I think that Real Madrid have made a good purchase. The people in Madrid will like him because he is a great player"

Götze would be a great buy but I honestly think he'll stay and be part of their Champions League charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.