5 | John Stones - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad keeps getting better, what a performance last night.

People talk about bringing midfielders in this summer, but his performances (and Rico's) have tempered that, no need imo, keep developing these lads.

Shaky first season, then a really good 2017/18 next to Otamendi, only got better from there. Gradually crescendoed into one of the best players in the world.

I can't see why we would get Rice - if we wanted to play a second midfielder alongside Rodri we've got pretty much the best player available for that role.

Shaky first season, then a really good 2017/18 next to Otamendi, only got better from there. Gradually crescendoed into one of the best players in the world.

I can't see why we would get Rice - if we wanted to play a second midfielder alongside Rodri we've got pretty much the best player available for that role.
Absolutely agreed on both points. Stones was amazing in 17/18 and never stopped being amazing but for some reason he just got dropped. And then he had his injury issues etc and struggled to get back regularly into the starting line up, or even in the side. I am so chuffed it's all come good for him because he seems like a thoroughly likeable and decent bloke as well. I hope he stays with us for 10 years.

Six years since the Monaco games when all and sundry outside the club were labeling him the worst buy ever. How do you like them apples?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.