5 | John Stones - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the worldie he was decent on Rb but it just feels od seeing him play in that position, however, the season will be long and some players will have to play at unusual positions

I feel the same way about him playing right back as I do when Ake or Laporte play left back. Maybe he's a slightly better option because he carries the ball better than the other two but it's still not ideal.

I would have liked to have seen Cancelo at right back and Sergio at left back again but Pep clearly doesn't mind John filling in when needs be.

Similar to those above.

About 5mins before he scored I was thinking this centre back at full back just isn't working.

Belting goal, still don't think it works and it's a downside to not having 2 natural right backs and 2 natural left backs.

Get the feeling he is going to be a utility player for pep this season. Went into midfield when Gomez came on. I know he was a bit of a disaster in a deep midfield role in pep's first year but things are a lot different now for both the team and him.

Everyone needs to relax a bit when he's not having 10/10 performances in positions that aren't CB. Pep's obviously getting what he needs out of him and buying akanji was clearly to free up stones to fill in across RB and the 6 if needed. Looks even more important with Phillips being permanently injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.