5 | John Stones - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it's about luck. Either he isn't a great athlete or he isn't sufficiently professional off the pitch to be in a top physical shape. For 6 years since moving to City he's had only one relatively injury free season, 20/21. Shame, he's a very good CB when fit.
It’s looking more and more like that. It seems to be only him and Ake that can’t stay fit.

Not really, because we'll almost never have all 5 fit.

If we do its for a short period of time, I can't honestly remember any recent time where we had say 4 fit CBs for more than 2 months for a LONG time.

Why only 5, why not 6 7 8 just to make sure we are not short of CB because recurring injury? You see what i am getting at?

Some of our CB are unfortunately can't play regulary for more than three games. Rather than keep them, we need to move them out and bring the CB that is more harder to get injured.

Ideally we have 4 CB with low injury risk to be able to play regularly all throughout season, employing more than that it's just asking for trouble.

Why only 5, why not 6 7 8 just to make sure we are not short of CB because recurring injury? You see what i am getting at?
Right but your making a point that I am not even talking about. 5 seems to be a good balance if we nearly continually have 2 CBs out, that's why we don't need more.

We have these CBs, their with us right now. Maybe we sell some of them for potentially fitter ones I never said we won't do that in the future... but then again, how often is it we buy someone who is rarely injured who comes here and now succombs to injuries, happens more than you think considering how demanding it is playing for us.

And the fact is CB is simply not a position we can skimp on, when we were forced to play Dinho that one season there, we lost a DM and gained an inferior CB, its a position we need experience in. Every other position on the pitch (other than goalie) has way more flexibility in moving personell around.

Probably miss the World Cup given the time he take to heal

Feel for him but he should have been more mindful with his extensive injury record; bollocks to all this ‘patriotism’, he needs to manage his career here on in, and that starts with not over extending his game time at the expense of a continued stop and start career, he’ll get floated so it’s crunch time decision wise!

Right but your making a point that I am not even talking about. 5 seems to be a good balance if we nearly continually have 2 CBs out, that's why we don't need more.

We have these CBs, their with us right now. Maybe we sell some of them for potentially fitter ones I never said we won't do that in the future... but then again, how often is it we buy someone who is rarely injured who comes here and now succombs to injuries, happens more than you think considering how demanding it is playing for us.

And the fact is CB is simply not a position we can skimp on, when we were forced to play Dinho that one season there, we lost a DM and gained an inferior CB, its a position we need experience in. Every other position on the pitch (other than goalie) has way more flexibility in moving personell around.

On last transfer windows our club are not problem selling Ake to Chelsea despite we are short of CB because Stones dan Laporte injury at start of season.

Our club maybe thinks 5 CB is too much and we brought in Akanji because the opportunity is too good to pass him out because his quality that he can bring to our team.

Again 5 CB is so unneccasary especially if all of them is fit to play for full season, you don't want to keep one or two CB in bench for most of time just because injury scare. It's only leads to unhappy player, wasting a spot on team and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.