5 | John Stones - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
On last transfer windows our club are not problem selling Ake to Chelsea despite we are short of CB because Stones dan Laporte injury at start of season.

Our club maybe thinks 5 CB is too much and we brought in Akanji because the opportunity is too good to pass him out because his quality that he can bring to our team.

Again 5 CB is so unneccasary especially if all of them is fit to play for full season, you don't want to keep one or two CB in bench for most of time just because injury scare. It's only leads to unhappy player, wasting a spot on team and money.
This season is currently proving you quite wrong though. It’s a fucking good job we have 5.

I love John, think he’s our best centre back on his day but my word this is getting silly now

He's a nice lad and English, but he isn't guaranteed to start games even when fully fit. Dias was better in 20/21, and Laporte was better in most of the other seasons. Let's hope Stones has a great season after the WC, but personally I doubt Pep prefers him to Dias or Akanji. Dias offers leadership and Akanji is a bit more athletic plus his passes can break the lines like Laporte's, as Pep himself observed. Laporte's untouchable if he regains form, he's too important for our build-up play to get benched.

He's a nice lad and English, but he isn't guaranteed to start games even when fully fit. Dias was better in 20/21, and Laporte was better in most of the other seasons. Let's hope Stones has a great season after the WC, but personally I doubt Pep prefers him to Dias or Akanji. Dias offers leadership and Akanji is a bit more athletic plus his passes can break the lines like Laporte's, as Pep himself observed. Laporte's untouchable if he regains form, he's too important for our build-up play to get benched.
I agree with CTID1979 a fit Stones is our best cb, unfortunately his fitness issues are the main problem as his ability is not in question.

I think he’s our best defender but this is precisely why I was going nuts in august before Akanji came in.

Wait until after the World Cup and watch squads really suffer with injuries.

Hopefully John recovers well, it’s looking like 5 cb’s was a master stroke and a lot of teams will regret not doing similar this season.

Fucking England again.

Fractured cheekbone, hammy, concussion.

Always with them.
I don’t think it makes any odds that it happens to be England when he gets injured. Last night he was just running when he pulled up. In the old days you’d say he’s injury prone, it seems he doesn’t seem to go many weeks then another lengthy stretch on the treatment table. Such a shame because he just gets his rhythm going, starts playing really well and then another setback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.