5 | John Stones - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to watching a re-run of the game later and seeing Stones marauding up the pitch

Looking forward to that outside of the boot ball he tried to play as well that just pinged 80 yards forward out of play lol

I hope we keep playing this system long term and Johnny Boulders gets all the credit and recognition he deserves.

It looks like the most fun role on the pitch too.
I don’t want us to ever sign a full back again. We’re so imposing with this defensive unit. I know we’ll have to refresh again soon to stay on top but surely we can get another season out of this tactic before being ‘found out’ or at least nullified a little. I never imagined in the modern game, NOT wanting adventurous full backs that are better attackers than defenders. That was just the accepted way that the modern game had gone. But here we are. Give me players like Ake over the fancy dan fullbacks any day!

I don’t want us to ever sign a full back again. We’re so imposing with this defensive unit. I know we’ll have to refresh again soon to stay on top but surely we can get another season out of this tactic before being ‘found out’ or at least nullified a little. I never imagined in the modern game, NOT wanting adventurous full backs that are better attackers than defenders. That was just the accepted way that the modern game had gone. But here we are. Give me players like Ake over the fancy dan fullbacks any day!

The funny thing is that Pep won the CL twice with Eric Abidal, a converted CB at LB. Then he spent 10 years mucking about with attacking LBs and midfielders filling in, and now he's back in a CL final with CBs at LB.

The funny thing is that Pep won the CL twice with Eric Abidal, a converted CB at LB. Then he spent 10 years mucking about with attacking LBs and midfielders filling in, and now he's back in a CL final with CBs at LB.
Imagine ruining this setup for Ben Fucking Chillwell. It’s the only thing I’m nervous about this summer. No traditional fullbacks please. Just get Gvardiol and let’s turn him into the beast everyone knows he can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.