5 | John Stones - 2023/24

Rodri and John Stones are the foundation of the Treble win.

Many other players contributed a lot to the Treble: Ederson, Ake, Gundogan, KDB, Bernardo, Haaland. You are entitled to think what you want, but, IMO, Stones didn't contribute more than those players. Gundogan was carrying us in the final weeks, Haaland scored 52 goals, KDB was KDB. Grealish and Bernardo were top quality, too. Also, Rodri was different class.

To say that only Rodri and Stones were the foundation is a bit silly.

If KDB and Haaland were in the same form as last season, we'd have probably won vs Real and competed for another Treble. Stones was great last season, and so were many other players.

Not sure he was fully fit but that was an awful display. One of our worst performers and that’s saying something.

He's been poor all season, he's been taken on more than he's made tackles and he's played large parts at CDM so making 2 tackles all season is fucking absurd. His passing and control is well short of the last season too. Positionally awful and reverted to drop back until opponent shoots of old.

Needs a hard reset

Fitness goes beyond the physical state of a player, today's performance showed that the problem might also be psychological. Great player but I've always maintained that he's a little bit weak mentally, hardly shows enough fight to reclaim his spot when he losses it.

I think we know why he wasn't in the rotstion. One of the worst performances of the season.

Sometimes I wonder why we don't loan him every other season when he has never been good for two consecutive seasons.

Brilliant when he is at his best, but so damn irregular.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.