5 | John Stones - 2023/24

It makes sense to me that he had a treble hangover, especially with how hard he worked to win it.

That's excuses mate. Akanji played much more minutes in 22/23 than Stones and didn't have a treble hangover. Rodri too.

Apparently, Stones is not as fit as other defenders and other top players. As things stand, Akanji is more valuable to the team: can play in every position across the defensive line, CB and FB on both sides, and can run with the ball and pass forward.

Last edited:
Akanji playing well is not the level of Stones playing well, not at all.

It makes sense to me that he had a treble hangover, especially with how hard he worked to win it.

I have always thought he was a big match player. Brings it in the big knockouts and crunch matches. He will have a great euros.
That's not true this season.

The treble season Stones was magnificent and for me MOM in the Champions League final.

But this season has looked very ordinary, lot's of injuries and simply not got anywhere near last years level.

Going on International duty and getting injured did him no favours, I would imagine that Pep was pissed off big time with that.

Akanji was had a magnificent season, he has been very near the Rodri, Foden levels.

That's not true this season.

The treble season Stones was magnificent and for me MOM in the Champions League final.

But this season has looked very ordinary, lot's of injuries and simply not got anywhere near last years level.

Going on International duty and getting injured did him no favours, I would imagine that Pep was pissed off big time with that.

Akanji was had a magnificent season, he has been very near the Rodri, Foden levels.

Akanji quietly mails it.

People got carried away last season thinking Stones is almost a top midfielder. He isn't.
I mean, he literally was performing as a "top midfielder" while also being a great defender. Absolutely unplayable in last season's Champions League.

Stones has a special gift that not many players in world football have. It goes under the radar.

Rodri and John Stones are the foundation of the Treble win.

I mean, he literally was performing as a "top midfielder" while also being a great defender. Absolutely unplayable in last season's Champions League.

Stones has a special gift that not many players in world football have. It goes under the radar.

Rodri and John Stones are the foundation of the Treble win.
Thank you @Quilted. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.