5 | John Stones - 2023/24

I think he leaves in 1-2 years. The way I see the future panning out is that Gvardiol becomes our new defensive tactical weapon (like Stones has been) and we will sign a full back or two over the coming year or so. I think Stones loses his role in the squad to Gvardiol and will eventually be moved on, assuming he won’t be happy with a bit-part role.

A strong Euros would do him the world of good if he can stay fit. Needs a consistent run of games, dipping in and out for the odd game doesn't suit him.

Absolutely awful. I asked in the pre-match why Pep was starting him. He's been a million miles off it for months.

A strong Euros would do him the world of good if he can stay fit. Needs a consistent run of games, dipping in and out for the odd game doesn't suit him.
Stones will never stay fit. Stones is guaranteed an injury, dark or blue. He plays in the Euros, he comes back injured. If he survives the injury in the Euros, he will surely get injured in less than 5 matches with us!

Pep just did a Raheem Sterling with this one. Not playing for the longest and gets thrown in the Final.

Not saying he was any more or less responsible than any of seven or more players who turned in sub-standard performances. But it did strike me as an odd choice when I saw the team sheet. He hasn't played a ninety-minute match for weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.