5 | John Stones - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was fine but it was a bizarre sub for me. He hasn't played in months and you put him in a position that isn't his own versus a team that's contending for the title...

Anyway, let's hope he can stay fit.
Pep trusts him to play in almost any position. That is one reason we have missed him and boy oh boy there are many others!! :-)

Can't wait to have mah boi Johnny Stones back fit and firing! Everyone talks about how much we miss KDB and Rodri but not many people give Stones the respect he deserves. Dias, Ake and Akanji don't have the quality of Stones to make those passes out from the back and step into the midfield. Gvardiol is very young but in a couple years I can definitely see him being a left sided version of Stones. With Stones and Rodri back we should be more smooth in our buildup play. Then opposition defenses won't have time to properly get back into their defensive shape which will help our attackers.

It really frustrates me that he's playing for England and hasn't played for us yet this season in the league. I'm sure it was the same scenario last season

It really frustrates me that he's playing for England and hasn't played for us yet this season in the league. I'm sure it was the same scenario last season
Unforgivable really, how can he possibly be 100% fit to start this game.

Not a good look in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.