5 | John Stones - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep was obviously trying to see what we can do as an option when Rodri was not available.

I don’t think you can just judge everything in hindsight or no-one would ever get injured.

Has anything been confirmed on how bad an injury it is? Just seen people saying hopefully back for the business end of the season which suggests that 3/4 months out and clearly a really bad injury. Awful news if that’s right.

Pep was obviously trying to see what we can do as an option when Rodri was not available.

I don’t think you can just judge everything in hindsight or no-one would ever get injured.
It's not hindsight to maintain that Stones's game time should have been carefully managed and since he wasn't really needed for this game , might it not have been better given his injury record to have given him a full weeks rest before the Chelsea game?
Were we really that desperate to have him as cover for Rodri's role?

Last edited:
Has anything been confirmed on how bad an injury it is? Just seen people saying hopefully back for the business end of the season which suggests that 3/4 months out and clearly a really bad injury. Awful news if that’s right.

Nothing official I don't think, just Pep last night saying same injury as before (muscular) and out for a while. I don't think it was ever clear what that last injury was, varied reports said groin/hamstring/adductor/all of the above

Hopefully he's now been assessed properly

Take it with a pinch of salt because I've seen the rumour but can't find a source for it - apparently it's a return of the hip injury that kept him out earlier this season.

It's not hindsight to maintain that Stones's game time should have been carefully managed and since he wasn't really needed for this game , might it not have been better given his injury record to have given him a full weeks rest before the Chelsea game?
Were we really that desperate to have him as cover for Rodri's role?

Do you know Pep's reasons to start him last night? Probably not. It doesn't make sense to criticize Pep for things you lack enough information about. Questioning Pep on such matters is really pointless.

A fantastic intelligent player but he's just always injured. We obviously manage without him, though we lose a fair bit of quality when he's out. Like Rodri we need to try and find a decent alternative that doesn't mean a big drop off in quality when they come in.

Southgate overplaying him in his first meaningful minutes of the season cannot have helped Stones. Wish Stones would have declared himself unavailable for England and been eased back by Pep much more slowly.

Do you know Pep's reasons to start him last night? Probably not. It doesn't make sense to criticize Pep for things you lack enough information about. Questioning Pep on such matters is really pointless.
Nonsense, this would mean any of Pep's tactical decisions were beyond reproach. Who does know Peps reason for starting him and thus is allowed to potentially criticise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.