5 | John Stones - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that it's been 48 hours since JS walked off the pitch at halftime Tuesday and no prognosis nor timeline has come out leads me to believe Pep was talking off the cuff after the match and that Stones' injury may not be all that severe. I tend to agree with an earlier poster that it could be a matter of City not wanting Johnny to play for England over the international break believing at this point a rest would be more beneficial. If we go into the break after Sunday's match at Chelsea with no definitive news coming out I'll be even more convinced of this...Just like Haaland sat out the first game back from an earlier break Stones won't play v. the Dippers for appearances sake...JMO

Regardless of his injuries, I never saw Bobby Moore play but Stones has to be the finest central defender that England have ever produced.

Quick, strong, reads the game brilliantly and can play in multiple positions. When he joined he was pretty raw really, but Pep has made him into an absolutely superb footballer. He has to be one of the best I've seen.

Gutted about his injury - as others have said, a proper Rolls Royce of a player.

Really hope Pep can provide a decent update for us later and not fall back into the “I’m not a doctor” mode, leaving us guessing more about how severe the injury is.

One positive to take is that it happened before the international break so he’s already got a fortnight’s grace in his recovery period. Praying he can be tip top for our midwinter run.

Perhaps his body isn`t suited to play a CB/DM/CM pivot or he has to train differently in the gym/on the pitch to strenghten other muscles. Compared to a "natural/pure" CB you have to cover more ground & doing different movements. If it`s something with his hip then he should do an operation. When you look at his injury history then since last fall his injury record is really bad (missed 23 games) & similar to 2019. But something has to change. The pattern since last fall is not sustainable for him & the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.