5 | John Stones - 2024/25

When fit he is one of the very best in the world. However, I don’t know of any player who shows he is not 100% as obviously as Stones does. When he’s trying to get back to fitness he moves like a 16 year old, arthritic Labrador.
It's not down to fitness, he's lacking confidence at the moment, you can see it in his eyes and his awkward decision making.

I always feel like Stones does better while playing next to Ruben. I just think that Ruben's communication on the pitch is next level and I feel like Stones needs that. I could be wrong but how do you all feel about this?

He does not need to specifically play with Ruben Dias. He plays with whoever he has to play with. He is one of the few players who can actually do that.

He had a very tough summer, I don’t think the EUROs were great.

He is someone who needs games. Not pissing about on and off the bench.

Last edited:
Stones as defensive leader when you have Dias on the bench is asking for the trouble. City looked dreadful in the first half, mainly because of bizarre defensive line.

He does not need to specifically play with Ruben Dias. He plays with whoever he has to play with. He is one of the few players who can actually do that.

He had a very tough summer, I don’t think the EUROs were great.

He is someone who needs games. Not pissing about on and off the bench.
His problem right now is that Gvardiol, Dias, Akanji, Ake are all better than him, and Lewis is in the best form of his young career. It’s currently hard to justify giving Stones an extended run in the team. Even with Ake injured, the best back 4 is clearly Gvardiol, Dias, Akanji, Lewis. So not sure how much of an opportunity he’s going to get to play 4, 5, 6 games in a row.

Can’t help but think he’s in jeopardy now with Pep. Akanji and Ruben are the number ones now and Gvardiol would be higher up the food chain as well. Can see Stones being replaced next summer to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.