5 | John Stones - 2024/25

His problem right now is that Gvardiol, Dias, Akanji, Ake are all better than him, and Lewis is in the best form of his young career. It’s currently hard to justify giving Stones an extended run in the team. Even with Ake injured, the best back 4 is clearly Gvardiol, Dias, Akanji, Lewis. So not sure how much of an opportunity he’s going to get to play 4, 5, 6 games in a row.
I agree he's currently down the pecking order but that's not a problem, it changes all the time. last season dias was 6th choice defender, season before that akanji had to work his way from that spot, one before that ake was in that position. Players go in and out of form. Stones is top class, he'll find form and get minutes.

Imperious
Definitely.
John Stones is a mainstay of this team. Pep himself has said so and I totally agree (there's a surprise then!) Sometimes I wonder if some posters just can't accept that we are winning matches, we are leading the charge again and they want to go back to the bad old days when we weren't winning anything and we really needed to be worried.

John Stones will be here for a long time yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't another player that Pep will encourage to get his coaching badges when he finished playing. He is a great player and great asset to Manchester City. IMHO

Saying he played two England matches is a bit of a stretch - he came on for about 4 minutes v Ireland

I always feel like Stones does better while playing next to Ruben. I just think that Ruben's communication on the pitch is next level and I feel like Stones needs that. I could be wrong but how do you all feel about this?
During Rúben's first season, they were outstanding together. One of the best CB pairings English football has ever seen.

I always feel like Stones does better while playing next to Ruben. I just think that Ruben's communication on the pitch is next level and I feel like Stones needs that. I could be wrong but how do you all feel about this?
I think either can very easily and successfully play alongside any of our other centre-backs, but in both skillset and personality they complement each other perfectly. Ruben's aggression and focus are particularly helpful to John.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.